Monday, April 2, 2012

Give fate a chance 2


“A wise man should have money in his head, but not in his heart.” - Jonathan Swift


It was blinding! I can hardly see anything or anyone one meter in front of me.

I was petrified, I didn’t want to drive anymore; therefore, I parked my car in the emergencies lane.

I tried breathing in and out to calm myself down, but the sound of the car horns made it harder!

I started coughing; all I inhaled was the dust particles that suddenly invaded Kuwait.

It was scary how one second the skies were clear and the next you see this huge cloud of dust enveloping everyone as it passes by.

I can hear car engines, honks, and people shouting; but I can’t see them.

My heart started racing, I was stuck in the middle of the street on my way back home from The Avenues, alone.

My iPhone was acting gay. Every time I called my mother it would say, “user is busy”, and when my mom calls me and I pick it up I would hear strange voices and weird sounds.

I think the service is down.

I felt like I was going to cry

I was having the best evening! But now its ruined..

Nothing beats the feeling of complete relaxation you get after a massage.

Ahh, I felt like my body is finally satisfied. Like my bones are my friends again.

Yet, I feel like my bones became rock-solid now, all tensed up with fear.

I felt sincerely happy after my massage.

I was smiling like an idiot all the way from spa time to my car.

The best part of it was when I bumped into Dalia, one of my besties.

She went to the cinema with her brother whom later went to Caribou, where met up with them.


----

I received a call from Dalia as I made my way to the parking..

Me: ahlan!

Dalia: hala feech! Lama entay bil avenues haaa??

Me: eee shdarach?? :o

I started looking left and right waiting for dalia to appear..

I didn’t tell my friends I went to spa time because I called them on the same day and made the appointment.

I normally call two or three days before I want my massage, because its always full..

But I was like khanadig wajareb etha ligait and surprisingly I did.

Dalia: ta3aleely Caribou!

I slowed down..

Me: ok!!

I turned around and headed to Caribou.

I found Dalia and her brother Mi7sin..

I don’t know why, I just feel very shy around her brother! I didn’t expect to find him with her..

Me: esalam!

Dalia and mi7sin: wa3alaikum esalam..

Mi7sin: ha shlonich lama?

Me: el7imdila bkhair, enta shlonik?

Mi7sin: wallah tamam

He was the spitting image of Dalia, if I didn’t know them I would say they were twins. Except Dalia’s twenty-two years old and he’s twenty-seven, I think.

Dalia: gi3daay, shfeech wagfa?

Me: laa wallah lazim arid elbait al7een!

Many ga3da ou ukhoha mawjod, fashla!

Dalia: 3ayartech khalas ok I’ll see you later then

Me: hehe ok yallah bye

I walked to the parking.

While I was heading there, I checked my twitter account and everyone was tweeting ad3ya 3an eljaw.

Some people tweeted “waay shal ghbaar!” others tweeted “the weather is scary”.

And all I thought was, “way 3ad lazim ebalghoon! I bet the weather is just a little bit dusty, o allah el7afith!”

I reached my black Bentley and got in. The weather was dusty, but not as bad as my fellow tweeps have described. I started my car and left the parking.

Ok, I take that back. The weather was terrifying!


----

I don’t even know how I reached where I am now safely; I can barely see anything.

I called a lot of people but I kept getting the same thing, “user is busy”. UGH! I wanted to throw my phone out the window.

I was trying my luck, I kept calling and calling until finaalllyyyyy

Shaikha: aloo!! Lama shfeech 3asa ma sharr??

Shaikha is my second bestie.

Me: abaih shayokh eljaw ekhare3!!

Shaikha: 7ilfay? Dagga 3alay alf marra tgoleely el jaw ekhari3? Khara3teeny 3abaly feech shay!

Me: actually emballa! Shaikha I’m stuck bilda2ery el rabi3 o mashoof shay! O kil madig 3ala a7ad y6la3ly user busy way babchy!

Shaikha: chathaba!! Entay wainich exactly?

Me: umm, 9oob lulu hyper o madry shnu yamma ba3ad

Shaikha: okk. Sim3ay al7een I will see what I can do o I’ll call you dnt go anywhere!

Me: as if I can.. ok bsr3a pls!

Shaikha: okk

Iff the one time I don’t tell my friends enny 6ala3t e9eer kil hatha L

Estaghferalaah!!

I need a miracle, if only my Bentley could fly!

Ahh my car!! Ok I know mu wagty bs mabeeha titwa9akh :( I love my car so much.

I looked at my phone every five seconds hoping shaikha would call..

The weather was getting worse..

Which frightened me even more!

I swayed in my seat; it was getting uncomfortable.

Now, not only the outside of my car is covered with dust even the inside.

All I inhale is sand.

Suddenly,

Someone knocks on the window really hard then opens the passenger seat’s door.

My heart almost stopped!! I hadn’t realized that I didn’t lock my car J

He was wearing a ghitra and dishdasha

His ghitra was wrapped around his face so I don’t really know who it was.

He quickly sat down and closed the door.

All the while, I was frozen in my seat.











9 comments:

  1. I LOVE where this is going!!!
    Ooooh I remember this day my czn had a wedding that night and she was the stuck in a bakery shop for hours *-^
    -Ai

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGG...mnu??!
    postt soooon;**
    A

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ai: THANNNK YOU;** ana my cousin was throwing a party but had to postpone since no one was able to show up :p But just to be clear, i wasn't referring to that night lama faj2a 9ar 7aaail ghbar, it was just one if those dusty days that reoccur in kuwait :p bs enna she was scared fa she exaggerated a little bit hehe :p

    A: you will know soon, enshallah i will ;**

    ReplyDelete
  4. AAAAHHH!!!! NO NO NO post :( please tell me its mesharyy!

    loving this, you reminded me of that day, i was stuck at a hotel before a wedding :|

    ReplyDelete
  5. Madliar: LOOOL you mean mi7sin?? hahaa you will find out in the next post enshallah ;)

    hahaha wallaah kan filim thaat day!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Scary story lol .., gonna keep reading to find out who is that mysterious guy x_x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Humaid: hahah just the first post:p lol please do :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. We Offer Loan At A Very Low Rate Of 3%. If Interested, Kindly Contact Us. email us at (fastloanoffer34@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dearest Esteems,

    We are Offering best Global Financial Service rendered to the general public with maximum satisfaction,maximum risk free. Do not miss this opportunity. Join the most trusted financial institution and secure a legitimate financial empowerment to add meaning to your life/business.

    Contact Dr. James Eric Firm via
    Email: fastloanoffer34@gmail.com

    Best Regards,
    Dr. James Eric.
    Executive Investment
    Consultant./Mediator/Facilitator

    ReplyDelete