Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Give fate a chance 20


Ring ring ring

UGH! I hate waking up to my phone's ring tone! Also, my back is killing me. I slept while watching a movie last night; I tend to do that a lot. Worst thing is, I slept on my couch and it wasn't in a comfortable position :(

Anyway, I reached for my phone and unlocked it..

10 missed calls from Wahabi
4 messages from Wahabi

I widened my eyes, is this for real? Is Wahab calling me? I opened the messages and they were all almost the same

"Lama call me asap"

"Lama laish matrideen???:@"

"Wainich? Kalmeeny tharoory!"

"Lama shfeech???"

Way 7aram :(

Before I pressed the call button, my mother’s head peeked in through the door.

Mom: lama ga3adtay?

Me: ee

Mom: enzain khaltich ghanima ams kalimatny, tgool meta tabeen eyoon?

Me: yuma ana lail7een mawafaqt!!

Mom: ee adry, bs beye 3ashan tg3deen ma3a o tshofen etha erta7teela

Me: laa yuma pls maby

Mom: shnu matabeen??

She suddenly got angry.

Me: bs entay glteely fakray wana fakart o mabee!

Mom: Lama min9ijich??

Me: eee

Mom: laa 7abeebty sim3eeny hathy fur9a mara7 titkarar wild 3ayla 3inda floos o man9ib shtabeen ba3ad? O kila mil7 smila 3alaih

Bathba7 3umry etha sema3t kilmat "3nda floos" mara thanya.

Me: madry min al7een mu mirta7atla

My mother shouted in anger: mashallah!!! Shlon marte7teela wentay mashfty? Lamo latyanineeny shagool 7ag el marra?

Oh god she must be pissed, she only calls me "Lamo" when she's angry with me.

Me: ee goleelaha maku ni9eeb

Mom: la, bagoluhum eyoon lisbo3 elyay 3al aqal g3day ma3a marra wa7da mara7 akhaly hal fur9a troo7 3alaich 7abeebty

Me: ok ok bs ba3dain etha maby lataq9beeny pls!!

Mom: ee akeed enshallah

It wouldn't hurt, I'll see him this once and tell my mother that I don't like him.

She got off my bed and walked to the door then stopped,

Mom: 7abeebty tara ana aby ma9la7tich

A tear ran down her cheek then she quickly wiped it off.

Mom: matadreen ymkin allah mayarzigich wa7id thany? 9alay estekhara o lat3andeen 3ashany

She turned around and continued out of my room.

Why is she saying this? Why did she cry? This is so depressing.

I placed my head on the pillow, the lump in my throat threatening but I refused to cry.

I won’t cry. Its not the answer, it wont make the pain hurt less and it wont make the problems disappear. Why would I waste time crying while I can actually tackle the problem? All I need to know is where to start.

I got off the couch and went to the bathroom to wash. I needed that warm shower; it made me think. I have to be honest with myself. I keep telling people that I don’t care about money, that I am willing to live with less of it. Yet, I just don’t think that I am. For a long time I tried avoiding this thought, but I have to come clean with my self.
I just cant walk by shops and not buy everything I like. I can’t look at Dior's new collection and not buy at least one bag. I don't think I can live without the luxurious brands showing my friends and I the private collections shown for
VIP's only.

Ahh, too much to think about with so little things I can actually do about it. I got out of the shower more confused than ever. I needed someone to talk to but my friends aren't here. My mom will kill me. And I don’t even want to think about what my dad would do to me if I tell him.

I went downstairs to eat breakfast, well technically its lunch since its 2:17 pm. I was craving pancakes so that’s what I'll eat.

*

My dad summoned me to his room at about 7:30 pm

I entered

Me: e7mm

He was looking through some papers on his desk as he said: Lama?

Me: hala yuba?

Upon hearing my voice he dropped the papers and walked over to his bed. He sat down and motioned for me to come sit down next to him.

Dad: 7abeebtyy, fe mawthoo3 muhim aby akalmich 3anna

Me: yuba shfeeek ga3ed etkhari3nyy!

Dad: la maku ella el 3afya enshalla

Me: okaay..?

Dad: sayartech, el Bentley tawha khal9a bs magdar astilimha

Me: laaishh??

Dad: khaleeny akamil! O al7een da3amtay eb sayarat esayeg fa hathy ham yabeelaha ta9lee7 o ana .. magdar asadid ma9areef elta9lee7

I gave him a horrified look

Me: shloon ya3ny?

Dad: ya3ny el wekala maskeen elsayartain, mara7 ya36oneyahum ella lama adfa3 6b3an o ma3indy siyoola al7een. Thany shay, etifaqna ana o umich enna ensafir esayiq o elkhadam bs enkhaly Leen.

I felt my throat dry up

Dad: lana manigdar 3ala ma3ashat’hum..

You know all those words in the dictionary? Yeah, none of them could describe how I felt at that moment.

I forced the words out of my mouth: ya3ny.. ma3indina floos?

Dad: embala 3indina bs 9araw shwaya.. mo kither gabil, we need to prioritize. Ya3ny syara Bentley laish? Ekhtheelich sayara 3adya. O sayarat el sayeg BMW binbee3ha lana maku sayeq.

One bomb after the other thrown at me, keep’em coming.

Me: shloon? Laish? Wain ra7at floosna?

I used to think that this will happen one day, but I was never ready for when it actually happens. Now its like someone is tearing my heart right out of my chest.

My dad lowered his head in shame. His face was stricken with grief and sorrow.

Dad: mushkilty ana, khalaitkum 3ala ra7atkum tshtron elly taboon makint aby athayeg 3alaikum wala amna3kum, o ra7at lifloos. Bas min elyoom o raye7 mara7 na9rif mithel gabil, we will moderate.

I sighed and stared at the ground.

Money is a very sensitive issue; it can either make a person or break them. Thinking back, I can clearly see how money blinded us luring us to lead fake lives to impress people we don’t even care about. Looking at the pained expression on my fathers face, I felt my heart tighten with remorse. He worked hard night and day to provide for us, and like selfish little girls my mother and I took his generosity for granted. I only wish I can go back in time and unbuy everything expensive that lead to the damage my father is suffering from today.

My dad interrupted my thoughts: bas 7abeebty latkhafeen.. tara 3endna floos bs elly abeech tifhmeena enna mu mithil gabel, matgdreen tshtreen kilshay tabeena

My poor father was trying to cheer me up.

Me: adry bs.. its hard to accept sudden changes, but I will try to.

My dad smiled and pulled me in for a hug. At that moment, my tears found their way back onto my cheek. I hugged him back tightly, grateful to have an amazing father. I slowly pulled myself away and stood up.

Dad: shofay makint aby agolich hal shay I don’t want you to get your hopes up, bs ga3d ashtighil eb mashroo3 ma3a cham wa7id o hatha 3amich Khalid ely shfte thak elyom emdakhlny fe o enshalla ykon murbi7 etha neja7 6ab3an..

He smiled then continued: ana o umich el7imdla estansna o shiba3na, o entay enshallah allah yarzigich eb rayel ywansich o ma yibkhal 3alaichh

I smiled through my tears: el7imdila allah rezagny eb akram ubo bil3alam ma ga9ar ma3ay eb wala shay

My dad grinned and his eyes gleamed. I love seeing my father smile, it makes all my pain go away.

I always thought that I would rather die than have a little amount of money. Yet, thankfully I now realize that having little money is one way for me to mature and be fond of what I have.

I walked out of the room with a smile on my face. Then I remembered Wahab so I quickly ran to call him.

I was nervous and my heart wasn't helping at all. I didn't know what to say or what excuse to give for my behavior.

Wahab: aloo Lama??? Shfeech? 3asa ma shar? Wainich??

Ahh his voice put me in a trance. I just froze for a couple of seconds, dumbfounded. I truly miss his melodic voice..

Wahab: alooo!!

Me: uhh hala wahab

Silence.

Is he feeling too? The accelerated heart beats. The butterflies dancing happily in my stomach.

Wahab said quietly: Lama 6amneeny.. Shlonich al7een?

I smiled: el7imdlaa, allah kareem

Wahab: Lama goleely el 9ij, te3awartay min el7adith? Ana walla edawam dazeeny el s3oodya o mafita7t kha6y likuwaity ella elyom el 9ib7 o shift el message o walla Lama..

He stopped talking. I could just listen to him talk all night.

Wahab: Lama I miss you.

Me: I miss you too, and I’m sorry for everything I did. I’m not that girl anymore, I don’t care about how much money you have I just care about you.

Wahab: Lama?

Me: sam

Wahab: a7ibich

I smiled..

Wahab: you know I love you too would be nice :p

Me: hahaha too soon my friend, too soon.

Wahab: ok I would like it if you don’t refer to me as your “friend”, ya3ny goleely chithy kilma 7ilwa entaw el banat no3kum e6al3on kalam 7ilu

Me: ahaha enshalla afakerlik eb kilma, so meta bitred min el s3odeya?

Wahab: bacher e9ub7 enshallah..

Me: ee besalama enshallaah

Wahab: allah ysalmich, Lama?

Me: hala?

Wahab: shily ghayyar rayich feeny? E9ara7a aby a3aref

Me: hmm, I realized that money isn’t every thing; it comes and goes but love? It’s rare. And I … I think I love you.



Tell me what you think, you, yes YOU!
Haha etha shift wayed comments I will post another one today ;) enjoy xx

25 comments:

  1. As alwaaaays an amazzzing post!!! 3ogb ma 5ala9 il post i was smiling chiny maynooona ;p looooooveeed it! keeep going plsssss!! la t6awleeen 3alaina ;*****
    Shams

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww 7araaam! Takser ilkha6er! :(
    But I'm SO happy she confessed her true feelings to Wahaaaaab!
    And I demand another post today! ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shams: awww i'm glad wallaaah :D thaaank youuu;*** enshalllaah;)

    Cashmere: eee :( bess finally haha:p enshallaaah and I demand another post from you too :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww love it! I hope they get back together! ymkn her mom makes her marry that guy bas enshallah la2 -.-
    thank you for the post
    —Anony 3 :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thaank youu!! enshallah they do :D hahaha enshalla! no problem love;**

      Delete
  5. The word amazing is an understatement .. your readers loves you!!!!!
    Please post another one today ra7 enkon shakreeenn lech waydd;*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKK YOUUU!!! I LOVE THEM SO MUCH MORE!! enshallaah i will try my best wallah;****

      Delete
  6. Mara7 tgdar t3eesh ma3a wahhab!! , amazing post <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yalla 3ad another post 3shan 5a6er your new commenter !! Love you
    -SAZ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 7ayallaah el new commenter;*** hehe enshallah tonight i post walla i will try my best !!:D

      Delete
    2. Allaah y7ayeech .. 7beebty take your time; I don't wanna pressure you into anything ;**
      - SAZ

      Delete
  8. I wish she had realized Wahab's importance when she still thought that they have money...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, but he was important to her all along except that she was in a struggle of whether she can live with no money or she couldn't :p

      Delete
  9. haha! 13 comments? now 14, yalla better post another today!! you promised after all :P thanks for the post! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I'm sorry it was a late post I know I promised bas kan loya and I didn't have time to post.. but I did last night go check it out :D

      Delete
  10. LOVEEED ITT!!!!!!!! ya36eech el3afya:* ou post soon please:c

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THAAANK YOUU!! alla y3afeechh;*** enshallaah;*

      Delete
  11. Hmm.... I dont know, wahab yb6 chabdi, for some reason. Not tryna be a hater, I feel bad for the guy elii by56bha. And also for wahab, ma3rf ma3rf walla. LOL I cant seem to make up my mind. YALLA POST ASAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP HAHHA

    -xoxo Emz

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOOOL 7aram masawa shay wahaab:( read the upcoming posts maybe they'll help you choose:p enshalllaah haha;**

    ReplyDelete
  13. you know this is all true kuwait is like this i wish people can wake up and be there true slef and im kuwaiti and i have to say the truth our life here is counted only about money and 3yla rumers to be honest!! keep it up ;*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes a lot of Kuwaiti people think like that but not all of them. I just think that a person shouldn't be labeled on how much money they have! enshallah people understand that :p thank youu;*

      Delete
  14. Loved the post its amazing oO feeh ba3ad 7ikma ya3ni 9a7 elfloos mu aham shy el aham ena nkoon muslimeen eb 9e7a Oo 3afia Oo 3aisheen bain ahalna Oo 7bayebna ..... I guess ena Dalia still t7eb Lama she also dont care about the money issu bs maybe she's shoked

    ReplyDelete
  15. We provide the best loan at low interest without any extra charge that comes along with high rate debt. Do you need a fast business loan or pay bills at a 2%

    interest rate? We offer business loan, personal loan, real estate loan, auto loan, student loan, debt consolidation loan etc. It does not matter your credit

    score. We are guaranteed to provide financial services to our numerous clients around the world. contact us now at abdullahibrahimlender@gmail.com
    Calling +918929490461
    whatspp Number +918929490461
    Mr Abdullah Ibrahim

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dearest Esteems,

    We are Offering best Global Financial Service rendered to the general public with maximum satisfaction,maximum risk free. Do not miss this opportunity. Join the most trusted financial institution and secure a legitimate financial empowerment to add meaning to your life/business.

    Contact Dr. James Eric Firm via
    Email: fastloanoffer34@gmail.com
    Whatsapp +918929509036
    Best Regards,
    Dr. James Eric.
    Executive Investment
    Consultant./Mediator/Facilitator

    ReplyDelete