Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Give fate a chance 11


"Money never made a man happy yet, nor will it. The more a man has, the more he wants. Instead of filling a vacuum, it makes one." - Benjamin Franklin


I started blushing

It was like Abdulwahab and I were in our own secluded world

The girls kept giving me puzzled looks

I locked my phone and returned it into my purse.

The rest of the evening was boring..



I woke up the next morning at 8:45

I was so nervous I wanted to reason with my professor but at the same time I was so scared of what he had to say.

I called shaikha

Me: haa ga3da??

She was so sleepy: china mbacher :(

Me: aby ala7ig 3alaaih

Shaikha: mmmm

Me: sm3ay etha daykha tara its okk kamlay nomtich!!

Shaikha: la kaany al7een agoom

Me: akeed?

Shaikha: ee

Me: ok

I hung up, then went to the bathroom

Every time I remember the professor my heart sinks

I stayed up last night praying that he would give me a passing grade!!

After I got ready I left to pick up shaikha

On our way to the university..

Shaikha: are you nervous?

Me: shrayich!!

Shaikha: walla wedyy ahadeech bs 7ady daykha akhaf akhoorha walla awal ma a9a79i7 akhaleech tinsain limte7an :p

Me: haha namay bs

We arrived at the university, I parked and we walked to the Professors office

Me: I’m so nervous!!

Shaikha: don’t be tiwakilay 3ala allah o dishayy

The tears were threatening to flood my face

I took a deep breath and knocked on the door..

I opened it, but it didn’t budge.

Ifff wainaa!!!

I asked the secretary

Secretary: eywa ra7 yege ba3ad shway

Me: ok mashkor

Shaikha and I sat down on the chairs in the hallway.

I was reciting prayers

“yaraabyyy et3ady 3ala khaiir!!”

Shaikha: abaaih tathkreeen Rasha al*****??

I rolled my eyes to her direction

Me: shfeha?

Shaikha: enkha6baat!!! Ams ga3da tgooly 7ad’ha mistansaa

Me: 7ilfay shaikha?

Shaikha: shnu?

I said sarcastically: ok 9a7 maku a7san min hal wagt enna nitkalam 3an khi6bat rasha!

Shaikha: sheesh calm down!

Me: min9ijyyy 7ady mitwatra!

Shaikha: ee ga3da a7awel alla6if eljaw

I sighed and looked at her helplessly

Me: ed3eeely :(

Shaikha: enshallaah

We started whispering our prayers until I heard the professor

I shot up and followed him inside his office

Me: esalam diktoor?

He looked at me

Prof: wa3alykum esalam 7ayyach bnayty

Me: mashkoor

I walked in and shaikha awkwardly followed

Me: umm.. dr galoly enna saqa6t el final exam

He looked at me, surprised

Prof: 9ij? Affaaa

Shnu affa?? Enta elly emsaqi9ny if!

I gave him a tight smile

Prof: magilteely shismich?

Me: lama al*****

He looked at his computer screen until he found my name

Prof: ee 3al 7iffa!

Me: ya3ny cham???

He looked at all my previous grades

Prof: I’m disappointed, 3alamtich kilhum zaineen shmi3na el exam?

Anadry???? I was as confused as you are Mr. Mohammad.

I wanted to say that out loud, I wish I could but that’ll blow away any chance I have with him actually changing my grade.

Me: madry diktor! Pleaseee matigdar tirfa3ny ana almafrooth atkharaj eb shahar 1!

Prof: 3ajeeb..

He continued looking at my grades, surprised.

Prof: ok entay yayba 58.67

I swear my heart stopped beating for a second, and then continued hammering in my chest unwillingly.

I gasped and the professor looked at me..

Me: sorry

My face reddened with embarrassment and sadness

How could I get such a grade?

Prof: la7tha entay bint Barrak Ahmad al*****?

Me: eee

Excitement rushed through me for some reason, lets hope my father’s name changes my grade.

Prof: ee allah yathkera bil khair! Uboy o yadich kanaw rabi3!

Ok…?

I just looked at him with hopeful eyes.

Prof: walla ya lama madry shagoolich!

Ga3ed yil3ab eb a39abyy!!

Me: diktoor please!! Asawy ay shay bas please latsaqi6ny!

He looked at me with tangled eyebrows

Prof: la, mu ana ellly msaq6ich! Hathy 3alamtich!

Uh oh..

I replied with a shaky voice: asfa diktoor, bs aq9id sa3idny please?

Prof: hahaha shfecch khtara3tay

Umm?

Me: madryy

Prof: ya3ny ana akhare3??

He smiled, eagerly waiting for my answer.

Me: haha laa?

Hoping it was the right answer.

I faked that laugh!!

Prof: ok lets make a deal, goleely nikta et’tha7ikny o arfi3ich

Are you being serious now? Are you being F*CKIN serious!!!

Me: uhh..

I instantly remembered the jokes Wahab sent me yesterday

So I told him.

Prof: hahaha

Tha7akt min sirrik bala… iff staghferallaah!!

Prof: walla mu6ee3a ya lama, la tistahlain arfi3ichh

He stabbed on his keyboard and then turned the computer’s screen to face me.

Prof: shrayech?

He changed the F and replaced it with an C+

Zain minna e9ara7a!!

I grinned: mashkoooor diktoor!

Prof: el3afu, o tara marifa3tich ella lana entay 6aliba mushtahida o 3alamtich kilha 3alya

He paused and looked down, then continued: o ham 3ashan ubooch, wallah walhan 3alaih salmay ha?

Me: okk yoo9al enshallaa!! Walla diktoor mashkor wayed!!

I left his office with a huge grin on my face.

As we made our way to the parking lot, I realized I received three missed calls from my dad.

So I called him..

Me: alo hala baba

Dad: hala feech ha bashraay

Me: waaay neshaf damy 3ala ma 3a6any el 3alama

Dad: elmuhim refa3 edaraja?

Me: eee takhayal min F lay C+

Dad: ukhh! Walla dekatrakum madry shlon shighilhum!

Me: haha 6ala3 e3arfik! Esma mohammad al*****

Dad: eeee 3araftaa hatha weld 3amy 9ali7!

Me: ee madry 3ad bs lama 3araf esmik estanas o refa3ny zyada

Dad: ashwaa zain!



I dropped shaikha at her house and went to my house..

I told my mother about me failing the exam then talking to the professor about it..

3a9ebat o zafatny laish magitlaha min ams bs she calmed down afterwards

I checked my phone to see a message from an unknown number; wahab came to mind.

I opened it:

Bashray? Kalamtay el dr?

Oh my god, does he think that we’re friends or something?

Ok I respect his concern bs laykoon 3abala enna e7na 6aya7na el meyana!

God!

I was so annoyed, knowing that it was partially my fault. I shouldn’t have tweeted that tweet yesterday 
giving him the wrong ideas.

I decided to ignore him..

I was so bored; I tried to read a book but almost slept after the third page.

Then, I watched a couple of Friends episodes, it was the episode when Monica kept telling people that 
Chandler gets pedicures..

So it hit me, why don’t I get a pedicure!

I typed in our group in whatsapp:

Me: ya 7ilween aby arou7 bubbles mnu tye weyay?

Shaikha: ana banam!!

Me: ok the rest?

Reema: magdaar 6al3a ma3a mama :(

Me: ok dalia..?

Dalia: waaay chan giltay abchar tawny 7a6a dihin eb sha3ryy

Me: maminkum fayda :( khalas ana baroo7

I locked my phone and changed into more comfortable clothes..

Me: yuma tara ana baroo7 el saloon basawy manicure o pedicure tabeen tyeen weyay??



Mom: la 7abeebty ana lazim aro7 3nd khaltich.. ma7ad min rab3ich bero7 ma3ach?



Me: laa maygdroon



Mom: ok bs lata2akhirain!



Me: enshallah



I got out of the house and into my car.



As the engine revved to life, I said du3a2 elrkob and drove off.



I connected my phone to the aux and wa3adteeny by abdullah alruwaished blasted through the speakers.



Even though the song is old, I still enjoy listening to it!



I was heading to bubbles nail spa that is located in burj jassim.



There was this white old looking Toyota, beat up from frequent use, behind me.



I noticed the car because it was following me from the time I left my neighborhood.



Well, maybe whoever is inside is not following me, just going to the same destination or someplace near.  



As I was about to leave the intersection, I received a Message so I grabbed my phone to check.



Just as I lowered my gaze on the phone,



Something felt weird!



I quickly turned my head to see a car coming at me from my right side.



I felt my car shake



I freaked out but everything happened so fast!



It crashed into the side of my car and pushed it till it collided into the intersection's one-meter high wall


My head bumped into the steering wheel and I blacked out.


8 comments:

  1. FIIIRRRRSTTTTTT!!!!! يشوّق il postt methleeeechh wallaahhh!! w wanasaaa ga3ed yeserr actions in her life!! Ou atmanaa ina mu abdulwahab ily da3emhaa!@

    ReplyDelete
  2. 7abaaait daliaa ma3a eldehen ele 7a6etaa eb sha3arhaaa:p
    POOOR LAMA!! enshaalah masar feeha shay;(
    thaanks 3alpost ou post soon:*
    `Ay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anony: Thaaank youu!!;** eee haha gitlikum its going to get better! enshallah la:D

    Ay: haha enshallah! thankss will do;*

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMAZING! Walla i love your post :') POST ASAP WALLA BSR3A LOL. 7aram lama, aih da wlaiiiiik manabee y3mlaha 7aga LOL my attempt of talking lebnany. Not so good. Anyways post soon!


    Visit mine purty please, I know bloggers dont usually visit other blogs, even if people tell them too! bss visit mine. 3ashan i want people to read it and comment tell me what they think :') Thou its not working haha :\

    www.thebeginingofanend.blogspot.com


    Loves you :D
    -xoxo Emz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emz: THAAANK YOU LOVE!!!;*** LOOOOL you're so much better than me wall lady fashla bil libnany:p enshallaah i swear as soon as Im free I'll read your story and comment;*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you looking for Finance?Are you looking for a Loan to enlarge your business?I think you have come to the right place,We offer Loans at low interest rate,Interested people should please contact us on For immediate response to your application, Kindly reply to this ad for your loan today.Email: arabicloan11@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dearest Esteems,

    We are Offering best Global Financial Service rendered to the general public with maximum satisfaction,maximum risk free. Do not miss this opportunity. Join the most trusted financial institution and secure a legitimate financial empowerment to add meaning to your life/business.

    Contact Dr. James Eric Firm via
    Email: fastloanoffer34@gmail.com
    Whatsapp +918929509036
    Best Regards,
    Dr. James Eric.
    Executive Investment
    Consultant./Mediator/Facilitator

    ReplyDelete
  8. PLEASE READ PLEASE READ PLEASE READ
    Hello everyone, i would like to share my experience on this platform. i have been hearing of Blank Atm for a while and i applied through a few people but i was scammed, not until i found Mr George who saved me from scammers, i got my blank ATM card in 5 days after application and tried the encrypted card in an ATM machine and pos cash store to my greatest surprise i was able to withdraw $3000 and that was the daily rate i applied for. to be honest there is no risk involved the card is not traceable and has an infrared signal that blocks off CCTV during your withdrawals. i just payed my daughters tuition fee and cleared my mortgage debts, i am also richer and started a business that is doing fine. Mr George is really a life saver and he is very genuine. You can contact him with this email address: blankatm402@gmail.com
    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete