Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Give fate a chance 12


"Money will buy you a fine dog, but only love can make it wag its tail" - Richard Friedman


I opened my eyes but was instantly blinded by the fluorescent light atop my head.

As I repeated the attempt, I had to move my arm and cover my eyes but I was stopped by something clenching on my wrist.

It hurt as I slowly moved my arm away from my head, just enough distance to see the source of my pain.

There it was, the needle connected to a tube that led to an IV bag (drip).

I struggled to sit up straight.

Out of breath I scanned the room, obviously I was in a hospital.

The hospital smell swam through my nostrils, oh how I hate it!!

Suddenly, I felt searing pain in my head and stomach.

I felt as though my head was about to explode from the pain.

I held my head between my arms, massaging it with my fingers.

Meanwhile, I heard footsteps getting closer, I hope it’s the nurse because I really need some pain killers.

--: lama ga3adtay..

I slowly raised my head trying to avoid any pain.

And there he was standing in front of me..

What was his name again?

--: ana 3abdilwahab tathkreeny?

What kind if question is that?

I have no recollection what so ever of why I’m in the hospital, and now he comes here and asks me if I remember him?

He is the least of my worries right now!

But now that I think about it, why the hell am I in the hospital?

With him..

When I opened my mouth to speak, I realized how dry my throat is.

I kept swallowing my saliva; I need water.

He quickly grabbed the cup next to my bed and handed it to me.

Slowly, I drank the water feeling rejuvenated with every sip.

After I quenched my thirst, I asked with a Weak voice: wain umy? Laish ana hny?

Wahab: sawaytay 7adith.. o already kalimow ubooch 3ashan ero7 el makhfar

What? I don't remember anything!!

How did it happen? Where’s my car?

MY CAR!!! :O

I stared at him blankly, trying so hard to remember the accident

Slowly the pain started creeping in again..

Then I remembered..

The memory was like scattered pieces of a puzzle, it took me a while to put the pieces together.

I slowly remembered reaching out for my phone, then a car bumped into mine from the side

Fear started to tiptoe into my heart..

Me: aby umyy! Wain mobily badig 3alaiha

I know I sounded like a child, but I really needed her just like a child needs their mother.

Wahab: umm.. Latkhafeen kalamt umich ya3ny mu ana mkalimha khalait elnurse etkalimha

Eee!! Ba3ad hatha elly nagi9 uhwa ydig 3ala umy!!

I don’t know why I was so angry with him!

Wahab: o ehya al7een bl6reej..

He looked at me waiting for a reply..

I just lowered my head

A couple of seconds passed, they felt like an hour in this awkward silence.

God, just leave already will you?

Wahab: yalla 3ayal ana bamshy .. Matshofeen shar enshallah

He didn't bother to wait for a reply, with long strides he walked to the door then stopped, and turned

Wahab: tabeeny anady el nurse?

Me: eee pls

Wahab: ok

He left and called me the nurse..

Nurse: hello maam how are you feeling?

Me: my head and stomach are killing me!!

Nurse: yes this is normal with people in your situation, but I can only give you pain killers every 8 hours

Me: ok, by the way who was that guy who just left? I don't know him! How can you let strangers into my room!

I noticed that my voice was getting higher, so I lowered it

Me: isn't there a hospital policy that protects the patient and only allows family members into their rooms?

Me: oh wait, is he the reason for the accident? Isn’t his car the one that crashed into mine? Psht o la 3aain eyely elmustashfa!

I was really bothered!

The nurse just looked at me blankly, like she didn't have time for my pointless accusations.

Nurse: maam please I think you should rest

Khosh dagra :)

Me: no! I won’t rest until I know what he was doing here!! And who allowed him into my room!

Nurse: ok listen, you underwent a very critical accident and you lost a lot of blood. He was the one who brought your unconscious body to this hospital..
We needed blood urgently, and he was more than willing to donate.

She sighed then continued: and no he wasn’t the "reason for your accident" he just happened to be there, that’s what he told me.

I just stared at her, my mouth shaped in a large "O".

Nurse: that stranger your complaining about saved your life!

The things she said triggered feelings of remorse.

I was so wrong about wahab, he was after all a real gentleman.

Nurse grunted: do you want anything else?

I opened my mouth, looking for the right words: umm no thanks

She was happy to turn around and leave my room.

I heard whispers outside of my room..

Nurse: yes I called her mother

Male voice: ok I will leave now, take good care of her

The guy quickly passed by my room and continued down the hall.

That navy polo shirt that I’ve seen him wear, time and time again.

It was wahab, and I’m certain that he heard everything I had said.



11 comments:

  1. Wahaaabb cuuttee!!! Shnu be9eer baa3aadd waitiinggg ou ehwa ely da3emha aw laa?!
    Nsm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zooooghaa wahhaabb!! 7abaiattaa <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nsm: eeee :p enshallaah sooon!!;** laa uhwa kan ga3id yil7ag'ha fa lama shafha enda3mat wadaha el mostashfaa:p

    Anony: hehehe eeeh eshawiig;**

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waay Wahab maskeeen;( 7bibyy yaksirr ilkha6err!! He's such a gentelman 7ssait'haa waaedd kanat harsh weyyah;s ;c

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anony: eee uhwa bs yaby esa3ed'ha o ehya allah yhadaha mu fahma el mawthoo3:(

    ReplyDelete
  6. 7bait wahab yjnn <3<3 !!! he do love her right :p waiting for the next post
    Gogo;

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gogo: heyyy googs long time no comment:p! hahah eee! yes he does! enshallah soon;*

    ReplyDelete
  8. 7aram Wahhabi :( ! Bas why she acts rich while she's normal ?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anony: lana all her friends are rich, and her parents' friends fa thats her idea of fitting in, enna et9eer nafshum!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dearest Esteems,

    We are Offering best Global Financial Service rendered to the general public with maximum satisfaction,maximum risk free. Do not miss this opportunity. Join the most trusted financial institution and secure a legitimate financial empowerment to add meaning to your life/business.

    Contact Dr. James Eric Firm via
    Email: fastloanoffer34@gmail.com
    Whatsapp +918929509036
    Best Regards,
    Dr. James Eric.
    Executive Investment
    Consultant./Mediator/Facilitator

    ReplyDelete
  11. PLEASE READ PLEASE READ PLEASE READ
    Hello everyone, i would like to share my experience on this platform. i have been hearing of Blank Atm for a while and i applied through a few people but i was scammed, not until i found Mr George who saved me from scammers, i got my blank ATM card in 5 days after application and tried the encrypted card in an ATM machine and pos cash store to my greatest surprise i was able to withdraw $3000 and that was the daily rate i applied for. to be honest there is no risk involved the card is not traceable and has an infrared signal that blocks off CCTV during your withdrawals. i just payed my daughters tuition fee and cleared my mortgage debts, i am also richer and started a business that is doing fine. Mr George is really a life saver and he is very genuine. You can contact him with this email address: blankatm402@gmail.com
    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete