Thursday, April 5, 2012

Give fate a chance 6




We finally arrived at Dubai Mall..

We had to go to Burjuman first since there was no Celine store in Dubai mall..

Unfortunately, the bag was out of stock ..

We continued our shopping spree until we were all exhausted and hungry..

Therefore, we decided to eat at Social house, their food was ok ma3ajbny wayed..

After we finished, we went to The Palm Dubai to visit the hotels there

My mother told me about One and Only The Palm, she says that it was a beautiful hotel and the room she 
stayed in was spectacular.

She also told me about One and Only Royal Miraj which had more of an Indian spin on the design.

I may be different than others because I really enjoy visiting hotels just to see their designs and choice of 
furniture..

When I entered the hotel, I loved it instantly!

A fountain in the middle of the Lobby welcomed us with gold and blue colors that complemented each 
other.

We made our way around the fountain and walked to the dining area

It was beautiful!


We stayed there for a while to drink coffee and eat dessert..


Reema: waay china 3ayayiz!

She didn’t like the idea of us going around looking at hotels; I on the other hand, didn’t have a problem!

Me: walla 7ilu enjoy the scenery

She just shrugged and looked away..

Dalia: enzain bacher lanroo7 ba7ar! We still didn’t finish shopping!

Shaikha: eee I agree with Dalia, La7geen 3al ba7ar bilkuwait!

Me: okk ok

After our coffee, we asked one of the ladies at the reception to show us the rooms..

I loved one of the junior suites that had a small garden outside, it was connected to the other similar suites 
and from afar, they looked as though they were villas.


Anyway, we left the hotel and went to One and Only Royal Miraj..

We just swept the place; it was beautiful too, it was as if all their tables and chairs were antique.



I called our driver to come pick us up, and then we went back to our hotel and decided to call it a night.

Me: reemaa.. mafeeny enoom lets watch a movie

Reema: ok yallaa!

She brought her laptop and placed it on the bed: weddy ashoof filim qadeem.. tabeen breakfast at 
tiffany’s, sound of music, aw funny face??

Me: hmm sound of music!

Reema: ok

She started the movie

After a while, Dalia got out of the bathroom and joined us.

Shaikha was sleeping..

Me: waaay bait’hum eyanin!! I wish my future house would look something like it!

Reema: ee 7ada 9a7?

We continued the rest of the movie in silence, and then went to sleep.



The next morning..

Reema: yaaallllaaa goomaaw!!!

I turned in my bed..

Reema opened the curtains and the lights

Reema: sleepy heads! tara ana o shaikha ebntrayag o n6la3 its our last day!

Ugh, she was right it was our last day because our flight is early, so tomorrow doesn’t count.

I sat up straight and stretched: okk!! Al7een agoom!

I got out of bed, did the usual then we went downstairs for breakfast..

After we finished we decided to go shopping in Dubai Mall..

Reema and I went to the Fashion avenue, while shaikha accompanied dalia to Hamleys so she can buy 
toys for her siblings..

Me: emshay reema khanroo7 Hermes, aby ashtiry their slippers

Reema: ok

We walked to Hermes, and entered the store..

It was a bit crowded

Reema went to the jewelry section while I walked to the clothes section since the slippers were displayed 
there.

I decided to buy it after trying on my size, I went to the cashier paid and left the store.

Me: waay lichyas thgaal

Reema: eee!

Me: khalas khanrid el hotel engi6 lichyas o nroo7 someplace else..

Before she answered, Reema’s phone rang

Reema: hala shaikha

She turned around..

I felt a light tap on my shoulder

--: e7mm ekhtyy

I turned around

--: uhm, hatha bookich nisaiteeh bil ma7al

I looked at him then at the sales lady next to him

The sales lady smiled: sorry I just had to check that he was giving it to you and not, you know.. take it or 
something

He was the same guy I saw the other day staring at me..

He extended his wallet filled hand and smiled: tefathilay

I replied with an expressionless face: mashkoor

After the sales lady made sure that he gave me my wallet she excused her self and left..

He watched her leave then looked at me again..

--: deeray balich 3ala aghrathich mara thanya

He gave me another tilted smile and left..



The next morning at Kuwait’s airport:

Mom: el7imdilaa 3alsalama 7abeebtyy!

She came and hugged me, then saw my dad and hugged him

Me: mama tara binaam eb bait dalia

Mama: haw mashiba3taw

Dalia: laa khalty pls bs elyoom enkamilha

Mama: yalla ba3ad magdar agoolich la

Dalia: yayy mashkoora khalty :D

We left the airport..

The girls and I decided that we would eat lunch at the avenues, then drop our luggage at our homes and 
take new clothes for Dalia’s.

Reema: khanroo7 maki!

Me: eee mishtahya their California maki!!!

We ate at maki then each girl went to her house.

On our way to my house, I received a message from Kuwait University telling me that I had to come 
tomorrow and collect some papers.

Me: KU madazolikum msg?

The girls: la

Me: haw 3ayal shmala dazeenly ana?

Reema: shnu yabon?

Me: lazim aroo7 bacher at 10 astilim awraag

Shaikha: haw ay awrag?

Me: madry 3anhum! Khal aroo7 bacher washof sh3ndhum!

They dropped me off then each girl went to her house before going to Dalia’s.





At Dalia’s house..

Dalia and her two sisters, Rana and Ghanima, shared a huge wing where their rooms were located.

They also have a living room that connects all three rooms together.

The girls and I brought the sleeping bags and laid them on the living room’s floor. 

Dalia brought some drinks, popcorn, chips and other junk food

We all sat on our sleeping beds, talking and munching on the food, ignoring the songs blasting from the 
TV.

 Rana: ya jema3a shiftaw green lantern? (it was just released at that time)

Reema: laaa wedyy aroo7la!

Rana: khanroo7 bacher!

Reema: ok ana ma3ach and whoever wants to join!

Shaikha: ana ba3ad baye

Ghanima: ana shifta ni9a mga6a3! Ma7ib adish cinema bil Kuwait lana bas ashof rub3 elfilim!

Me: walla zain esawoon ega63oon wala y76olina hal mufa9eekh o elaq6at elly mala da3y tinshaf!

Ghanima: ee ok bs uhma yga63on ashya thanya malha da3y!!

Dalia: eee 9a7!

Me: enzaain sim3aaw bagolikum qissa

Reema: yallah gharday ya Shakespeare,atna :p

Me: heheh its about this old haunted village o its based on a true story

Reema: laaaa maaby asmaa3!

Ghanima and shaikha: embaallaa kamlay!!




[tara el qissa matkhari3 wayed bs etha no3kum tkhtar3oon ebsr3a don’t read it eb hal lail hehe, I will write it in ITALIC 3ashan t3arfon when it starts and ends]

Me: ok vote bsr3a agool aw la?

Reema: iff ana baroo7 el 7amam 3ala ma tkhalseen

Me: haha ok

Dalia: reemo sakray el laitat eb 6reejich 3ashan en3eesh eljaw :p

Reema: ok!

She got up and went to the bathroom..

Me: okk so about this haunted village

The girls looked at me intently, eagerly waiting for what I have to say.

Me: there was this very rich old man who visited poor villages in order to give them food, water or 
money depending on their needs.

So, one time he visited a village to find it in a very poor state. Their pathways were littered, their 
buildings were old and rusty, and they barely had lanterns in the streets to bright up their path in the 
moonless nights.

The village was deserted; it looked like a hurricane had passed through it, destroying everything in its 
path.

There were small cottages scattered across the village in which the people lived.

As the old man continued walking, he noticed one of the cottages’ lanterns was on.

He stopped in his tracks and decided to pay a visit to this lucky family, for they were about to receive 
money and food.

He knocked on the door once,

Then he knocked another time

When BAM, the door flew open..

“Who is it?” an eerie sound called from with in.

“It is I, a man of good deeds. I am here to help you fulfill your needs” the man replied to no one in 
particular.

“Come in my dear visitor, do not be afraid” said the woman who appeared out of nowhere.

She looked at him, from head to toe, and then smiled in satisfaction.

“Oh please, come, do sit with me” she motioned at the chair next to her.

The man slowly walked to the chair and sat down.

“I am here to help you in your struggles, for the day of your happiness has come. This is enough money 
to get you through the month, and this is enough food.” He placed the bag of coins next to the bag of 
bread and fruits on the table in front of them.

The woman’s eyes lit up with glee “Thank you, you brave and generous gentleman, for you have come to 
our village where no one ever dared.”

The man just smiled, not taking into consideration what the woman said.

A few days has passed, the rich man decided to visit the old woman and see how she was doing.

Unlike the other night, he decided to go in daylight in order to see clearly. He was surprised to see a few 
people pursuing their daily work, going from one place to another.

The last time he visited the village it was empty, and it looked like it was always that way.

He walked to the woman’s cottage and knocked on the door, but there was no answer.

He noticed that people were staring at him while doing so, but he ignored them.

He knocked again, but with no use.

He tried to push the door open, but it was closed tightly.

He got worried, so he asked one of the passers by of the whereabouts of the woman who dwelled in this 
cottage.

A surprised man stood before him “leave me out of this, sir” the man begged.

Yet, the rich man did not allow him to go.

“Wait please, I really need to know where this woman is”

The poor man stuttered with fear “Sir, there is no woman living in this cottage. It has been empty for 
years”

The rich man took a few steps backwards “are you sure, my friend”

 “Yes, I have lived here all my life and not once did I see any human beings leave this cottage” the poor 
man said.

“But, I visited here a few nights ago, and I talked to the nice lady and gave her some food.” The rich 
man said in disbelief.

“I am sorry to tell you sir, that this cottage has been haunted for many years. You were probably talking 
to a ghost” the poor man trembled as he talked.

The rich man was stricken with horror, how can he not sense that the lady was a ghost. She looked so 
human.

He walked around the village and started asking different people, who gave him the same answer.

Shaking with fear, the rich man fled the village, and went back to his own town.

He met up with his friend and told him the uncanny incident that he has witnessed.

“What? How could you go to that village on your own? It has been haunted for centuries. All the humans 
escaped the village because ghosts were dominating.” His friend said worriedly.



Reema interrupted: waaay lail7eeen makhalstay sarly sina an6er bildaar!

Me: embalaa khalast!! Elmuhim ena erayal yan o madry sh9ar fee al7een

Ghanima: abaaaih!! Chathaba it’s a true story?

Me: ee wallah 9ijya!

Rana: maskeeen! Waay enshallah mu the whole village ghosts yuma!

Me: ee ekhari3

The girls mumbled the same words then we decided to call it a night.









3 comments:

  1. 1ST!! Lem marra al thaneeya 3al tawaaaliiii , yuummaaa ilqiisaa tkhareee3 ashwaa ena ithuheerr il7een mu belaail chan ma nemtt!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. anony: YAAY :D hahaha 9ij? personally I think its funny shway :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Esteems,

    We are Offering best Global Financial Service rendered to the general public with maximum satisfaction,maximum risk free. Do not miss this opportunity. Join the most trusted financial institution and secure a legitimate financial empowerment to add meaning to your life/business.

    Contact Dr. James Eric Firm via
    Email: fastloanoffer34@gmail.com
    Whatsapp +918929509036
    Best Regards,
    Dr. James Eric.
    Executive Investment
    Consultant./Mediator/Facilitator

    ReplyDelete