Monday, April 23, 2012

Give fate a chance 19


It was 7:30 pm when I received a message. I quickly pulled out my phone praying it was Wahab, instead I found a whatsapp from Dalia.

Dalia: sleepover?

Me: what’s the occasion?

Dalia: I'm bored and I need good company, the girls are coming and you're coming too!

Me: haha ok ashoof umy wagolich

I went to my parents' room and heard them talking inside..

Dad: ee bs Khalda e7na mith6areen! Ya3ny 3abalich ana mistanis billy lazim asawe?

Mom: la bas walla 7aram

Is she crying?

Dad: Khalda 7abeebty ti3awithay min blees o latfakreen bl mawtho3 khaly 3alay

Yes she is, I wonder what’s going on?

I heard footsteps coming closer so I moved away from the room. In a few seconds my dad came out, he saw me and froze.

Dad: lama? Entay min meta hny?

Me: tawny yaya bagolik shay

Dad: uhh.. Shnu taben?

Me: 3ady aro7 bait Dalia? Ya3ny enam 3endaha

Dad: ok roo7ay

He was nervous; he kept fidgeting and glancing at his room. I don’t know what’s wrong and I don't really want to know. I went back to my room and packed my bag.

Running down the stairs I grabbed the keys from the table next to the door and left. While I was on my way I received a message from Dalia

Dalia: yalla wainich?

Me: Omw

As I drove I thought I'd stop by the Corn dogs booth in AlYarmook co-op since I was craving it. Luckily the cheese topping was available; it’s my favorite! I ordered a mix of toppings on each corn dog, paid, and left.

Dalia was calling..

Me: aloo

Dalia: wainichh?? We're ordering papa johns shnu tabeen?

Me: allaah abyy chicken barbecue pizza without onion and with extra ranch sauce o kany ana barra (I'M CRAVING IT!!)

I entered the house and walked to Dalia's wing. I love their house it’s spacious and beautifully designed!

I dropped my bag in her room and joined the girls in the living room.

Dalia: allaaaaah!!

Her eyes were on the corndogs in my hand.

Me: 7ady ayanin ybtlikum corndogs

Reema: waay a7ibiichh

They grabbed the box and started fighting over what kind of topping they wanted. Shaikha didn't like corn dogs so she silently sat on the sofa watching something on TV. I'm still a little annoyed at her for always making me think that Wahab is not good enough for me.

I mean who are we to decide who's good enough for whom? I don't think people are different at all, whether they had money or whether they lived in poverty. The only thing I noticed is how money can change a person. Its like people decided that money is the thing that makes a person and without they’re nothing. I’m not saying that money is not important, I just don't think we should make it a priority; that’s something I'm still working to change in my self.

Finally the pizza arrived. I grabbed three containers of ranch sauce and a slice of pizza. I can’t tell you how much I'm in love with their pizza!

The girls and I joked around and gossiped while enjoying our meal.

Reema: way la magdar baroo7 albis my pajamas a7is ban6arony eb ynfjir

Dalia: abaaih nesait la agolikum!! Ams shft wa7id bl jam3eya walla jameeel eyanin hes sooo hot!!!

She was drooling. It was a typical Dalia conversation she has a crush on a different person everyday.

Me: shloon 9ayer???

Dalia: hmm 6ola zain 3nda karsha 9gheera etshawig o emgare3

Shaikha: ahanech 3ala thoqichh wayed aghraiteena fe :)

Dalia: chub you weren't there!! Walla kint 3ady aroo7 alima

Me: hahaha el7imdla wilshikir!!

Shaikha faced me: ee magilteely shqarartay? Please golay ennich bitwafqeen 3ala wild al*******

I pursed my lips: la lail7een

Reema came back: what did I miss?

Shaikha: el7ilwa elly yamyy she's planning on ruining her life

She was talking about me of course.

Me: shaikha cham marra agolich eny a7ib wahab I cant just marry some other guy!

Shaikha: ay love willy e3afeeny? El7ub mayee ella min el3ishra wentay tawich et3arfeena

I glared at her..

Shaikha: walla lama min9ijy, t'hdeen wild lifloos 3ashan hal 7afy limnataf wahab?

Oh no she didn't! She took it way too far I just cant stay quiet anymore. The volcano that is my heart finally erupted

Me: shaikha ma asma7lich tgooleen 3anna hal kalam!! Entay bas et'himich lifloos? Wil akhlaaq wil tarbeya hatha kila mu mohim binisba lich???

Shaikha: abaih shfech et9arkhen chthy

Me: bas lanich 7arratny!! Kil kilma wilthanya gilteely wahab ma3inda floos o wahab mayiswa! Khalas 3ad fileeeha bl akheer its my choice enshallah lo atzawaj 3itwy zain!!!

I inhaled, and then exhaled. I think its time to tell them the truth.

Me: adry enna entaw aghneya o lifloos shay muhim 3ndikum bs tara ana mu nafskum o mu nafs mustawakum! Uboy ymkin efalis ay wagt o e7na 3aysheen 3ala qoroouth o salaf!

They gasped

Me: Kil hatha bs 3ashan nathbit ena e7na khoosh nas o 3ala mustawa! Bs lifloos mu ehya elly t7adid qeemat elensan!


Shaikha's eyes were hanging by a thread; they were this close to falling out of their sockets. Dalia's mouth was shaped in a large "O", and Reema's hand was placed on her heart.

Shaikha stuttered: all this time you.. You were pretending?

Her eyes widened even more; I don't know how that was possible. All I wanted to do was be alone with my tears at that moment. I just exposed this secret to my merciless friends, I felt naked like they can see right through me. In a swift movement I turned around and ran to Dalia's room with my tears like a river running down my face. I grabbed my bag and headed to my car. Within seconds I was out of AlYarmouk and almost halfway to my house, that’s how fast I was driving.

I saw the yellow light change to red and tried to slow down. Since I was going way too fast I didn’t slow down in time and bumped into the car in front of me.

NOOO! I just froze in my seat, this couldn't be happening! The guy got out of his car and walked to mine..

Guy: entay matshofeen? Fe a7ad yd3am eb eshara?

I looked at him with my face stricken with distress. The tears, once again, flooded my face.

Guy: uhh khala9 7a9al khair eda3ma mu qaweya bs dgay 3ala uboch 3ashan enkhali9 elsalfa

He took a couple of steps then stopped, inspected his car, then continued and got in it.

I cant call my dad he's going to kill me. This is the second accident I've been through in less than two months!

I grabbed my phone and dialed Wahab's number. I just did what my heart wanted me to do.


I called him four times with no answer! So I texted him..

Me: Wahab pls answer me sawait 7adith!

I intended on adding the "sawait 7adith" part hoping he would worry and call me back.

I waited for five minutes then heard a knock on my window. I opened it

Guy: ha kalamtay uboch?

Me: ka al7eeen

The guy talked as he pulled himself away from my car: yalla bsr3a warana shighil

I called my dad with my heart like a drum in my chest. I quickly explained the situation, luckily he wasn't angry.

I lowered my head and placed it on the steering wheel. I didn't like feeling sorry for myself, but with all that’s happening I think I should. The thoughts crowded my brain; it was hard trying to decide what I should feel sorry for my self for first.

At this point I realized how much I miss Wahab. You know when you know someone for a short period of time but grow so close to them? You would feel like there's something missing in your day if you didn't talk to them? Well, that’s how I feel about Wahab, I just tried to convince myself that I felt otherwise in the last few days. Now, he doesn't answer my calls nor does he reply to my messages. The only message I got from him is that he moved on.

10 comments:

  1. this post made me :(
    great, as always xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anony: I'm sorry it did:( thank you love;**

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please post another one today law sama7tay :'c

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeeeeeeee please please pleaaase post another one today pleaase !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HE'S GONNA SELL HIS GIRL FOR HIS FRIEND! SHE'S MARRYING THE OLD MAN, HER DADS FRIEND ELY SHAFHA YOUM KANAT RAB6A EL '3ETRA! OMG :|

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anony: so sorry I will post it now :D

    Anony 2: sorryy for being late I will post it now :p

    Anony 3: hahaha I like how you're thinking! Who knows? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We provide the best loan at low interest without any extra charge that comes along with high rate debt. Do you need a fast business loan or pay bills at a 2%

    interest rate? We offer business loan, personal loan, real estate loan, auto loan, student loan, debt consolidation loan etc. It does not matter your credit

    score. We are guaranteed to provide financial services to our numerous clients around the world. contact us now at abdullahibrahimlender@gmail.com
    Calling +918929490461
    whatspp Number +918929490461
    Mr Abdullah Ibrahim

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dearest Esteems,

    We are Offering best Global Financial Service rendered to the general public with maximum satisfaction,maximum risk free. Do not miss this opportunity. Join the most trusted financial institution and secure a legitimate financial empowerment to add meaning to your life/business.

    Contact Dr. James Eric Firm via
    Email: fastloanoffer34@gmail.com
    Whatsapp +918929509036
    Best Regards,
    Dr. James Eric.
    Executive Investment
    Consultant./Mediator/Facilitator

    ReplyDelete
  9. I highly recommend a particular trader to everyone looking for forex, crypto and stocks trader. He can earn $9000 with $700 weekly, For more details, Contact Email: danielbohm232@gmail.com
    WhatsApp: +1 (631) 973-9487

    ReplyDelete
  10. I highly recommend a particular trader to everyone looking for forex, crypto and stocks trader. He can earn $9000 with $700 weekly, For more details, Contact Email: danielbohm232@gmail.com
    WhatsApp: +1 (631) 973-9487

    ReplyDelete