Saturday, April 14, 2012

Give fate a chance 15


"Money, if it does not bring you happiness, will at least help you be miserable in comfort." - Helen Gurley Brown


I stared at her; my chin almost reached the floor.

Mom: laish matrideeen???

Me: uhh umm shnu?

My heart was racing!! HOW DID SHE KNOW?!

Mom: mnu abdulwahab?

I was so confused, Reema wouldn’t??

Would she?

My mom said through gritted teeth: elyoom reema dagat 3alay ga3da tgi6ly naghzat 3ayazt wana asa7eb el 7achy minha lain 3araft entay shga3da tsaween min waray! O maskeena libnaya khayfa 3alaich!

Ouch.

My mom almost shouted: fashalteena jidam el awadem! Entay mita eb ta3gileen?? O goleely mnu hatha??

Well I might just spill the beans..

I stuttered: Yuma ana o wahab en7ib ba3ath

O eb nitzawaj, I lied.

She narrowed her eyes: o mnu y6la3 hatha? O mta eb ytzawjich!?

Me: madry ga3deen enfaker blmawthoo3, I lied again.

Mom: elly yaby ytzawjich khal yt3alam edish libyoot min abwabha!! Hatha ga3id egi9 3alaich! Lo 9ij yabeech chan khathach elyom gabil bacher!

She grabbed my phone and waved it in the air: hatha ra7 akhtha minnich o mara7 etshofena ella lama tanheen 3elaqtich ma3a abdulwahab, fahma?

She almost spit out his name. I’ve never seen her this angry!

Mara7 agool 7ag ubooch al7en, bs etha masima3tay el kalam mara7 tlomeen ella nafsich, she added.


She left the room and slammed the door behind her.

Ouch. Reema just ratted me out to my mother.

I’ve never in my life thought that she would out any of my secrets, and to who? My mother!!

How could she? If she was worried about me why wouldn’t she just TALK to me!

After what happened in sultan she didn’t talk to me, neither did she reply to any of my messages.

And now, she runs to my mom and tells her about everything and claims that she's worried about me?

Bullsh*t.

Furious, I grabbed the drivers’ spare car keys from the table next to the door and walked to the car.

After the engine came to life I sped up and drove to reema's.

I didn’t even tell my parents I was gone, oh well.

I parked my car in their driveway and walked to the door.

I pushed the door open and headed to reema's room.

I opened reema's door and saw her and dalia sitting on the bed.

Instantly my eyes filled with tears..

In a shaky voice I asked: how could you?

Reema and dalia shot up both of their eyes wide open.

Dalia: lama la7tha

She walked over to me and held me from my elbow

Dalia: ta3alay ma3ay

I yelled: aby akalim reema!!

Dalia: awal shay ta3alay

She dragged me down the stairs and forced me to get into her car.

After she got in, she turned on the engine and sped up.

Dalia: reema galatly 3an abdulwahab..

3afast wayhy: I kind of figured that out :)

Dalia: they're so confused, ya3ny min9admeen lail7een bs I don't want to judge, Lama ana wathqa feech o adry enich matsaween kila hatha bedon a convincing explanation o I want to hear it directly from you!

I asked in confusion: they’re? Mnu hathaaila?

Dalia: reema o shaikha

I groaned: galat 7ag shaikha ba3ad!! Waay ma9adeg'haa!!!

I felt the tears threatening to spill; I can’t believe what my so-called friend did to me.

I understand that what I did was wrong but I would never rat a friend out or be quick to judge if they were in my shoes!

Dalia: walla tara latlomeenha y3ny kanat tabeena kilina enkalmich o nin9i7ich ena u stop

I faced dalia: galat 7ag umy ba3ad!!:)

Dalia: la walla?

Me: wallaa!!!!

Dalia: enzain lama please explain shily bainich o baina?

I told her everything..

Me: ya3ny dalia wallah you will never know how I feel, not even if you walked in my shoe. Madry bs he makes me happy walla I like him shasawy ya3ny!!

Dalia: enzain lama 7abeebty walla ana fahma bs you have to know that you're going to disappoint a lot of people when they find out.. Does he like you too?

I lowered my head: madryy.. I think so

Dalia: enzain goleela enna etha uhwa 9ij e7ibich khal yitqadamlich! Etha tahharb 3irfay enna uhwa may7ibich. Ya3ny entay tabeen tit3aligain eb wa7id e7temal ehidich 3ala akher shay?

Hmm, she was right. I don’t want to be in relationship that’s going no where! But how should I tell him without scaring him off?

Me: enzain dalia omy khathat mobily.. Fa shloon bakalma?

She sighed: ekhthay mobily bs he has to promise enna maydig 3ala raqmy!!

Me: ok, bs dalia magdar agoola hal kalam over the phone lazim ashofa!

Dalia: lama!!

Me: please! Just this once

Dalia: iff ok!

Me: mu tro7een tgolen 7ag reema o shaikha ba3ad I want to be able to trust you!

Dalia: I wont, I promise!

I took her phone and dialed his number.

I know it by heart.

After a couple of rings he answered: alo?

Me: aloo wahab!

Wahab: lama?

Me: ee!

Wahab: shfeech 3asa ma shar??

Me: wahab, I have to see you!

Wahab: umm ok?

Me: meta tigdar?

Wahab: ay wagt tabeen ana 7ather!

Me: hmm ok bacher e9ub7 embacher!

Wahab: ok wain?

Hmm.. Where do I want to eat breakfast tomorrow??

Me: breakfast and brunch??!

Dalia gave me a look and mouthed: 7adich rahya!

Wahab: hmm.. la china starbucks a7san?

Me: ok ay wa7id?

We decided where to meet and when..

I was still in shock; I did not want to believe that Reema would do this to me!

I handed Dalia her phone and slumped in my chair..

Dalia: shfeech?

At that moment I burst into tears..

Me: shnu mafeeny? By best friend tells on me shnu tabeeny asawy? Argi9?

Dalia: walla she did it with good intentions!

Me: la la dalia there are no good intentions behind what she did! Dalia, please 7i6ay nafsich mukany.. you 
meet a wonderful guy, your friend finds out and instead of being supportive or actually talks to you about 
it she goes behind your back and tells your mom.. Aw tikhayilay she tells mi7sin!

Dalia sighed: madry.. ya3ny adry enna elly sawita ghala6 bs ehya kanat tawha tadry 3an el mawthoo3 o 
shafat umich fa madry she told her..

Me: dalia lo nig3ad min elyom laih bacher bitimeen edaf3een 3anha you wont understand, please rideeny 
bait’ha khal akhith esayara warid baitna

Dalia: ok..



I finally reached home..

As I made my way to the stairs I heard my mom behind me..

Mom: wain kintay?

Shitness..

Me: kint eb bait reema..

She raised her eyebrows in disbelief

Mom: eb bait reema wela 6al3a ma3a hatha elly mayisti7y 3ala wayha??!

Me: abaaaih yuma min9ijich! Walla kint 3ind reema!

Mom: bala 7achy fathy! Roo7ay ghurfitich o mabee ashofich 6al3a minha sima3tay?

Waaay bathba7 nafsy!

I started crying again..

Me: yuma pleasee walla kint 3ind reema digay 3alaiha o ti2akiday!

Mom: khalas bala kharabee6 o ro7ay darich

What is happening to me?

Why is my mother treating me like this, I made a mistake I admit, but cant she find it in her heart to 
forgive me?

The only thing I’m looking forward to is seeing Wahab tomorrow, lets hope he brings good news.



Tell me what you think xx

8 comments:

  1. RT ^ LOL :p loovvedd the posttt!!!! Post soooonn:*
    -y

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reema 7aywanaa! Laish sawt chthi 7arammm!! Waiting for the next post -La

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anony 1: LOL eee!!!

    L: LOOL! Thaaank youu;* will do enshallah ;)

    La: eee et7iir! Thank youu :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hate her friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AHMAZINGGG!!! sarly faatra mu garya ur posts i missed them!! SEDAMTEEENYYYY!!!! post soon ya gesh6a;p

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anony: they can be mean sometimes :p

    Ketakeet: THANK YOUU!! haha enshallaa;**

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dearest Esteems,

    We are Offering best Global Financial Service rendered to the general public with maximum satisfaction,maximum risk free. Do not miss this opportunity. Join the most trusted financial institution and secure a legitimate financial empowerment to add meaning to your life/business.

    Contact Dr. James Eric Firm via
    Email: fastloanoffer34@gmail.com
    Whatsapp +918929509036
    Best Regards,
    Dr. James Eric.
    Executive Investment
    Consultant./Mediator/Facilitator

    ReplyDelete