Sunday, April 15, 2012

Give fate a chance 16


"It is pretty hard to tell what does bring happiness; poverty and wealth have both failed." - Kin Hubbard


I woke up the next day at 8 excited to see wahab.

I know its sooo wrong, but its still exciting :(

My mother isn’t home, and my dad has a meeting in the house with some of his colleagues. He’s having a lot of meetings in the house lately..

I wore my high waist beige skirt, with a white blouse that I tucked in, and my Hermes tan slippers.

After I combed my hair, I slipped out of the house hoping no one would see me.

I started the car, and drove to Starbucks plaza since that’s where we decided to go.

We chose this place because it’s near where he works, but I hate it!

Anyway, I arrived and went inside waiting for wahab..

I texted him: wainik? -Lama

Wahab: 2 mins o o9al

I took Leen's (my nanny) mobile because I was in a hurry, I just hope mom never finds out so I would’nt get killed! 

I ordered one iced white mocha and sat down on one of the tables that were near the window

Ashwa mafee a7ad..

I looked down at my lap wela ashoof a small rip on my skirt on the side!

Waaay a7ib hal tanoora! O fashlaa elmushkila it shows!!

If laish magaltlyy 3anha Leen!!

Enshallah no one notices, especially wahab!

I placed my bag over it..

A couple of minutes later a white Toyota parked and wahab got out.

Way sayarta tfashil! Enshallah tkon malat el dawam o mo malta!

He walked in saw me and headed to the table.

He was wearing a dishdasha again, way a7iba!!

Wahab: 9aba7 elkhair

Me: 9aba7 enoor

Wahab: shda3wa ma6alabateely?

Omg nisaitaa!!

Me: weee sorry shnu taby???

Wahab: haha ana ba3dain a6lub!

Me: ok 3ala ra7tik!

So how do I say this?

I’m just going to get it off my chest without any introductions.

Me: ok, umm wahab my mom knows about us!

In shock, he asked: shnu??

Me: ee reema, elly shafatna eb sultan, galatlaha

I dont know why every time I remember Reema my eyes prickle from the tears.


Wahab: ay shay!

Me: ee walla :)

Wahab: o entay laish wayed mistansa?

A tear crawled down my face, then another tear followed..

Me: waay wahab wain mistansa??! Khathat mobily miny o I’m grounded! *Sniff* akher 3umryy 
a9eer grounded!! Bas ehya mo mawjooda bil bait fa tesa7abt o 6ala3t!

Wahab moved his chair closer to mine and handed me some tissues.

Wahab: lama, ana e9ara7a makint aby enkamil 3elaqatna chithyy..

I widened my eyes, is he trying to end this!!!


Wahab: ya3ny, ana e9ara7a wayed 7abaitich o erti7tlich! Don’t you think we should take it to 
the next level?

My jaw dropped..

He chuckled: shfeech?

Me: umm shnu? Ya3ny ay next level? Ha?

I was stuttering like an idiot!

Wahab smiled: ya3ny .. nitzawaj? Mat7iseen enna nkamil 3elaqtna bil 7alal a7san??

I was too shocked to speak, I just smiled and let my tears do all the talking..

Wahab: baroo7 a6libly shay.. tabeen?

Me: umm laa mashkor

Did he just ask me to marry him?

He loves me!

This is not a game to him!

I can’t tell you how relieved I am to hear this! Now I have something to shove in Reema’s face!

HAH!

Ok I have to breathe in first! 

He got back with a steaming cup of coffee..

He got out his old Nokia phone and started punching on it..



I blurted out: hatha mobilik?



Wahab smiled: eshrayech?



Me: la bas shakhbary!! Enas ti6awirat haha



Wahab: adry!

Me: ee laish matishtry iphone? Aw ay mobile yedeed 7ata lo Nokia!

Wahab frowned: enshallah

I looked out the window and saw his car.. I just had to ask,

If you haven't noticed I’m a very straight forward person.

It could be a good thing at times, but very bad at other times..

Me: o hathy sayartik??

Wahab: ee!

Me: abaih laish chithy shakilha qaddeema 7ail haha

He just looked at me and frowned

Me: laish matakhithlik land wela patrol!

7asait nafsy nishba..

He said between gritted teeth: that’s the only car I can afford

What?

Me: ohh..

Wahab: gitlich uboy tewafa lama kan 3umry 17!

Me: ee..

Wahab: fa I had to take care of my mother and sister, o kilshay sar 3ala rasy ana kha9atan al7een umy marra kibeera fa ana shayil elbait..

I just stared at him..

Wahab: o wathefty 3adeya o ma3ashy mu 3aly fa yeah hal sayara wayed zaina bilnisba ly!

He added: o entay ams gilteely khanroo7 breakfast and brunch bs gitlich la lana I .. I dont think I can afford it!

He lowered his head in shame..

I’m sure I looked alarmed because he said..

Wahab: kint aby agolich hal 7achy minziman, bs gilt akeed btitna7ash bs ana .. ana a7ibich lama o lazim agolich al7een wala tin9admain lama t9eer e9ijyia!

Ay 9ijya? What I heard was a lot to take in..

The man I fell for and about to marry is..

Poor.

I shot up from my seat: um lazim aroo7

His eyes were filled with question marks..

I know that I was such a bi*ch

I know that I will regret it later

I know that walking away is a big mistake

But I had to..

At that time all my brain did was shout, “get up and leave!”.

I opened the cafés door..

Wahab: lama la7tha!!!

I turned around..

I tried to take a step forward, when I heard “riippp”

I looked down at my skirt to see the former small rip, widened..

Shit shit shit!!!!!

I covered the rip with my hand..

My skirt got stuck to a sharp thing that hung out from the door!!

I burst into tears at that exact moment!

It was like karma bit me in the a** not bothering to wait just a few more days..

Wahab quickly took off his ghitra and wrapped it around my waist..

I pushed him away, gave him one last look, and then got into the car and drove off..

I could see his slouched figure in the rear view mirror..

When I arrived home, I quickly got out of the car and ran to the door..

As I made my way to the door I tried fixing the ghitra and wrap it tightly around my waist 
because it was loose.

I was looking at the skirt when I suddenly bumped into someone

---: ha ha shway shway yuba

me: uuhh walla asfa mashiftik!

---: haha 3ady ana Khalid al**** rifeej uboch entay binta 9a7?

I gave him a tight smile and nodded..

Khalid looked at the ghitra: shisalfa?

Me: la maku shay bs um… tanorty enshagat .. lazim aro7!

FASHLAA!!! :’(

I quickly ran into the house and up the stairs.

I reached my room and flopped onto my bed..

I just lay there crying my heart out!

I received a message:

Wahab: ee a7ibiiik o hatha 7athy elly enkitab, darby elly bamsheh o adry bat3ab! Don’t give 
up on us!




14 comments:

  1. This chapter is AMAZING! I absolutely love it! And Wahab kisar kha6ri 7aaaaiiil!
    I honesty can't wait for the next installment! Please update soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cashmere: THAAANK YOU LOVE;** ee maaskeeen!!:( enshallaa I will try my best :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. 7araaam maskeeen wahab 7adaa eshaweg ou shnu thanbaa etha uhwa faqeer!! 7ada san3 gayem bahalaahh ou yabe yetzawajha ou setar 3alaihaa EYANEN!!!
    ma3endaha salfaa lama!
    thanks ou post soon please!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. el mafrou'9 maykhaleha et3aleg feeh
    y3ni ohwaa wain w ehya wain

    bs e9ara7a i wouldnt know what i would do if i were in her shoes ;/
    her life ra7 etaghayar upside down etha khatheta
    money is not everything but you can't live without it
    what's her life gonna be like

    way 7araam

    i love your story
    thank you for posting

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anony: exactlyy!! uhwa 7ada eyaniin bs at that time lama kanat efaker bil floos o ena ehya a9lan taby wa7id ghany 3ashan et9eer nafs her friends 3araftay? but with time she learns :p enshallaah will tryy;*

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg i would not knw what to do if i was in her place !!!!!!! they were perfect for each other :'(
    Gogo;

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darliam: ee you have a lot to think about, ok they both love each other but money is also important khasatan eb hal ayam end everything is expensive and you need everything to survive:p maskeena she needs to think long and hard! thank youuu love;** no problem ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gogo: eee 7ada ywahig 9aa7?? poor lama! they WERE!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. umbai 7araaamm ksar 5a6ri wahab, 7ailll!!! please post today please!-La

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girl with the petite appetite: Thaank youu;* enshalla i will try!!

    La: ee maskeeen:( enshalla a7awel!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been reading your blog all day now!;o
    I swear I'm in love, and this chapter forced me to comment ya3ni el9ara7a! Lama tgool ena she loves him w chithee, w mara wa7da she changes her mind once she finds out he is poor ya3ni? I got so annoyed about that, ya3ni akeed it made the blog more amazingg-er!
    Bas latgoolen ena he was the one who hitted her in the accident 3alashan she dsnt remember it was his car wla chithee?;o
    Anyways I seriously love your bloggs! Keep it upp mashallah!:$
    -Subbs;*

    ReplyDelete
  12. We provide the best loan at low interest without any extra charge that comes along with high rate debt. Do you need a fast business loan or pay bills at a 2%

    interest rate? We offer business loan, personal loan, real estate loan, auto loan, student loan, debt consolidation loan etc. It does not matter your credit

    score. We are guaranteed to provide financial services to our numerous clients around the world. contact us now at abdullahibrahimlender@gmail.com
    Calling +918929490461
    whatspp Number +918929490461
    Mr Abdullah Ibrahim

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dearest Esteems,

    We are Offering best Global Financial Service rendered to the general public with maximum satisfaction,maximum risk free. Do not miss this opportunity. Join the most trusted financial institution and secure a legitimate financial empowerment to add meaning to your life/business.

    Contact Dr. James Eric Firm via
    Email: fastloanoffer34@gmail.com
    Whatsapp +918929509036
    Best Regards,
    Dr. James Eric.
    Executive Investment
    Consultant./Mediator/Facilitator

    ReplyDelete