Saturday, March 31, 2012

Give fate a chance 1


Hello lovely readers, I have missed you!! I am happy to say that I'm back with a new story!! This is the prologue (muqadima) ..

Please read it and tell me what you think, your feedback is very much appreciated. Thank you!

Enjoyy;*

------------------------------------------------------------------

Let us not be satisfied with just giving money. Money is not enough, money can be got, but they need your hearts to love them. So, spread your love everywhere you go. - Mother Teresa

There are a huge number of people that believe that money is the only source of happiness. They believe that if a person has wealth, luxurious cars, and expensive bags they must be really cool. They made the materialistic things define a person, and not their personality or morals. There are some girls who would rather marry a rich guy with no morals, than marry a normal guy with a great personality and ethics. 

Unfortunately, this way of thinking created different classes in our society. There is the elite (rich) class, then there's the medium working class and lastly there are the poor class. There are people who can get whatever they want without having to work for it, and others who work really hard and couldn’t get anything.

So these people feel left out, and the only way for them to fit in our cruel society is to go to extreme measures in order to provide for themselves. They would borrow money or take loans from the bank just to buy an expensive car or handbag. Then they have to live the rest of their lives trying to pay back their debts. They're living a lie. 

Well I believe that good things happen to people who wait. If I was born into the medium class, I will not try to lie to myself and others by buying things I know that I cant afford, because this is not happiness. Living everyday worrying if the bank might take your car or house because you failed to pay back your depts, is not happiness. Being friends with people who only value you because of what you own is not happiness. Living a fake life just to impress people who will most probably backstab or betray you in a certain stage in your life is definitely not how I would define happiness. 

Because these people who befriended you because of what you own, will instantly walk away from you when you loose everything. However, the real friends that don't really care about your Prada bag or Cartier bracelet these friends will never leave you and will be by your side till the very end. 

Everything that you do can make you happy, whether you were wearing Louboutin heels or sandals that you bought from a thrift store. Because happiness is very different than the people in our society, or any society; it doesn't care if you're rich or poor. Happiness doesn't see if you’re pretty or ugly. All that happiness looks for is a pure heart with good intentions. It grows with every good deed you do, and spreads the joy throughout your veins. 

Happiness is about spending the day with the people you love. Whether you were vacationing in London, or sitting in a one-room apartment in your hometown because you cant afford a bigger house. Therefore, happiness cannot be associated with money.

Its true, sometimes expensive things can make us happy, but does this happiness last? You would buy something expensive because you fell in love with it in the spur of the moment, but after a couple of days you would get bored and look for something else to buy. Unlike the happiness you feel when you're with your loved ones. You would look at a picture you took with your friends a couple of years back and you would still feel the love and the joy you felt during that time. You would instantly smile because it brings back so many great memories. That is the true meaning of happiness. 

Also, happiness is about appreciating the little things. Without family, love, or trust your life would be an empty black hole. Everyone needs someone to care for them, share their sadness and joy and money doesn't offer that. All that money offers are things. Things that do us more bad than good!

There are a lot of billionaires in this world who failed to buy their happiness. Because they once thought that money was everything and dedicated their whole life trying to make big money. They probably didn't let anyone stand in their way, and in their heads is a multitude of thoughts consisting of fear and doubt. Continuously thinking that everyone is after their money, they exclude themselves from the world and cut whatever ties are left with their loved ones. Then, when they grow old and need their family by their side, they look around and all they see are the gold plated windowpanes or the empty 20 something bedrooms in their huge mansion. Finally, the realization hits them, money made it easy for them to buy everything in this world, except the things that matter like love, family, or acceptance. 

Now, where did I learn all that? Well it’s from experience. I have found, by loving people according to who they are and not what they have, a meaning of true happiness.  


I never thought for a second that my life would turn out to be this way. It had turned in all directions, went backwards and forward, until I reached the place I'm in today! I felt the need to tell you my story, for it has helped me grow in many ways. I only hope that it would do the same to you. 



9 comments:

  1. What a great post to start with!!!
    I totally agree with you
    Il7mdellah I'm surrounded with friends that dont care or think about these things from differnt range and I don't either
    Thank you for the lovely post trust me you're speaking behalf of thousand people I'm one of them
    Trying my best to portray this message.
    LOVED IT And THANK YOOU
    -Ai

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thaank you!! ee el7imdila! money is important, but its not the most important thing in the world! LOVE YOU thank youuu lovee;**

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing start i just love it and totally agree with u!!
    i love the way u set it up...
    good look waiting for ur next post.
    xoxo

    http://cryingoutforyou.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ms and Hs: Thaank you very much!! I really appreciate it :D ;**

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, gotta say you nailed it
    It is a really good post, And I just loved it even though it's my first one
    Keep writing I'm sure people will appreciate that someday

    And thanks for sharing such an experience from your personal life we don't see a lot of people do that these days :) .. Please except my regards -humaid

    ReplyDelete
  6. Humaid: Thaaank you very much for your comment! I really do hope so! No problem thank you very much people like you motivate me to write :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the first post for this story and I am sure that it is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YOU ARE AMAZINGGGGG!!! I LOVE ITTT <3 :* you made my tear up :')

    ReplyDelete