Thursday, February 9, 2012

Suddenly everything changes


Salma called me: yalla ghala tara e7na barra

me: ok kany 6al3a

ahhh finally after a rough 3 weeks of exams and projects I finally started my vacation. My cousins picked me up and we headed to our shalaih, my second home. 3ady 3indy a3eesh bil shalaih 6ool 7ayaty I love it there that much!!

I entered the car..

Me while throwing my bags in the trunk: hala wala

The girls: hala.. hala feech

We started talking and gossiping with mohamad abdu’s songs playing in the back ground, he’s the best!

--- So let me tell you a little about my self, my name is ghala al******* 20 years old and I study law in KU (third year), it sure makes you hate your life but its worth it. I have long light brown hair, and light brown eyes. Natural sun kissed skin (im blessed) and im working on my body 2 kilos till I reach my targeted weight. I have 2 older sisters aljawhara and badra, and a twin brother thary. My parents allah y7afith’hum are in the USA because my dad wants to continue his studies (masters + PHd) so we visit them every summer. Bs el7imdla my mom comes home every once in a while, god I miss her so much! ---

Finally we arrived. The smell of the sea makes me want to jump in with my clothes on! My cousins salma, rawan, talah, hala and I ran to the shore, while our nannies unloaded our bags from the car.

Abullah, Nasser, and saad my male cousins were already roaming the sea with the jetskis and jet boats.

Salma: NASSOOOR (her brother) Ta3aaaal please aby arkab

Nasser: entay badlaay awaal o ba3dain e9eer khair.

Lol minziman mo yayen eshalaih o feena fagrat ba7ar.

We raced each other up the stairs and each girl started to jump on a bed to reserve it. There were 2 very comfortable beds and the other 3 were either a mattress on the floor or very uncomfortable beds. Talah and I got the comfortable beds. Win!

We changed into our swimming shorts and tank tops and went down stairs.

Salma: yalla 3ad nassoor 3a6ny eljet entaw min el9ub7 hny!

Nasser: ok ok yalla shabab emshaw khaloohum yakhthoun ra7at’hum

Abdullah: banat shlonkum?

The girls and i: bkhaaiir ent shakhbariik?

Abdullah: wallah tamam! Simm3aw tara beyon erabe3 3ugub 9alat elmagharb eduwaniya fa la tyoon o la tyinoon o tsawoon ez3aj o madry shnuu

Me: lool shda3wa nyin!!

Abdullah: 3ad entay akher wa7da eta7achain madry mnu mdar3ema 3alaina akher marra

True.. I didn’t know their friends were here so I went to their duwanya cause I heard there was coke and cookies!! Lol you cant blame me. I opened the door o kint dafsha shway.. ok mo shway wayed.. wela kilmen yiltifit 3alay kan elwath3 huddoo’ o ana mdar3ema! Wayhy galab alwan tana7t for 5 seconds chan an7aash o elmishkila I left the door open. Chan eye Abdullah o 3a6any mu7athara ena shaku edishen o 7awalt afahma eny baree’a. Noo3a wayed protective o mayaby ay wa7id min rab3a yshofna!

me: dude get over it makint adryy ena fe a7ad o latkhaf 7aiil en7araajt o that is enough punishment :p

Abdullah: haha ok bs kint agolikum litanweeh faqa6

Me: nashkirik

The guys left and the girls were all either on a jet or tanning. Ugh I hate tanning it destroys the skin and causes wrinkles, yes im a sad skin care freak. anyway, I called salma and joined her on the jet.

Me: please latit’hawiraain!! Walla ana madry laish rakba ma3ach reelich t7ikich lazim edoosen!

Salma: a3otho billa bidat eta7al6am bismilla ma mishait o 3naad 3alaich badoooos

Me: salmaaaaa!!!!! Shway shwaaay pleassee!!!!

I mean I love riding jetskis bs ma adoos!! Ok a3tirif im a slow poke o ma7ad yirkab ma3ay but that’s how I enjoy it, slow and peaceful.

Me: AAAAAAAHH!!!! BATHBI7IIIICHHH

The girl is crazy walla 3yony ga3da edami3 o a7is bara6my ga3da e6eer (madry shlon ashra7) min esur3a.

Salma: entay? DRAMA QUEEEEN!!!! 7adiich khawafaa bs bs bari----

Mawa3aaait ella ana ebni9 elba7ar! Yes! Engalab eljet ski im sure salma is happy now :)  Ughhh dakhal elmay dakhil khashmy o 7aljyy and it burns, even my eyes!!

Me: wallaa babchyy!! Khashmyy ya7riig killa minich!!

Salma: LOOOOOOL wallaah wanasaaa we must do it again my friend. Come on hop in and lets fall again!

She’s nuts.

Me: no WAY! I’m driving this time!

Not like she has a choice, but lets say it took us triple the time to get back to the shore. I was too slow with a complaining salma behind my back. What a joyful ride. J

Salma: adry ena kilmarra agool hal jumla bs this is the last time arkab ma3ach!!

Hala: hahaha sh9aaar ba3aad!

Me: salma elmutahawiraaaaa glebat feena eljet, khashmy entaras maay!!!

Hala: waaay entaw filiim!! Kil ma tirkboon ma3a ba3ath eta7al6imoon!

Salma ignored us and started tanning I was swimming with hala.. it was a peaceful evening and we stayed there until the sun set.

We headed to the bathrooms. There were 2 bathrooms and 4 girls… I wanted to go first because I hate using the bathroom after someone, madry shloon ba3eesh ma3a my future husband! Anyway so I ran into the bathroom and locked the door.

Me (shouting inside the bathroom): HEYAA!! Ana dashaait awaal!!!!

I know I was acting like a kid but it was my moment of victory, until I realized I didn’t bring my towel or shampoo or anything. 3AAA!!!:@ my 5 seconds of happiness are overL I tried to remember where my bag that contained all my bathroom stuff was.. and wondered how I can retrieve it without anyone knowing. Its going to be hard. Shda3wa 3alay.

I opened the door, and slowly tiptoed to the room snatched my bag, OOPS talah heard me..

Talah: GHALA!!!!!

I made a beeline to the bathroom and closed the door, abaih 7asait ena kanz mo 7amam. 

Anyway, I bathed and changed into my yellow sundress. I let my hair loose in its natural curls, wore my flipflops and headed down stairs. I was looking for my iPad but couldn’t find it anywhere, until I realized I forgot it in the car with a bunch of other things.

Me: hala wain sweech sayartich?

Hala: laish?

Me: ta7qeeq? Aby ayeeb el ipad o cham shaghla..

Hala: ahaa

She was blow drying her hair o 7ad’ha mindamja fa 7asait’ha mu mistaw3iba ana shga3da agool.. typical hala.

Me: HALA!!

Hala: na3am?? Shfeech 9arlich sa3a ti67ineen??

Me: haww shgilt ana tikfain? 3a6eeny swechech khal9eeny

Hala: 3ala el counter mal elma6bakh!

Me: ok

I took the keys and went to her car. Madry shra3a9t chan tig3ad t9afer!! Waay 7adha muz3ija!! O 
elmushkila kanat yam elduwanya fa al7en y6l3aly Abdullah o ysaweely salfa!

After a while the noise stopped, I got in the car and looked for my ipad. Something caught my eye it was this months Bazaar magazine. I took it and started looking through the pages, nesait 3umry.

I was sitting in the drivers seat, so I lifted my head up wila ashoof min elmanthara wa7id wagif yam bab elduwania o ga3id y6ali3 elsayara.. he was leaning on the door hands crossed on his chest and everything. Weird.

I dropped the mag, got out of the car and locked it. I walked a couple of steps away from the car chan athker el ipad. Ifff shfeeny takhadaiit! Radait o feta7t el bab ely wara o khathaita. Feta7t bab eldabba 3ashan anazel jan6at elbal3a.. there were 2 bags and one of them was heavy cause it contained the drinks. I struggled to lift them both at the same time. Im sure I looked funny cause the guy was tearing from 
laughter. I returned the bags and decided to carry one bag at a time.. maw3ait ela haly waray

Guy: e7m

I jumped while turning around and just stared.

Guy (smiling): ughhh tabeen asa3dech ekhty?

Me: la 3ady mashkoor

Guy: akeed la? Lana shakilhum thgaal 3alaich?

Me: gilt la mashkor! (I get all defensive when I talk to guys I don’t know… I don’t know why!)

Guy: hahaha ok ok 3ala ra7tich

I turned around took one of the bags and headed to the door. I placed it in the floor only to see the other bag next to it. I raised my head to see the “guy” smiling like an idiot.

Guy: I just wanted to help

He shrugged and walked away..





6 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT<3!! keep going;* ou post soon khan3aaref;$

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merci mes amis;** I will enshallah! and same goes to your awesome blog and great stories!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK now aby a3rf shism alguy!! LOOL th7ktney 3alla salfat al7mam :p!, keep up waiting for the new post

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha OMG the girls in the jet skies that was me and my cousin two years ago!!!
    i couldn't stop laughing!!
    you brought back some good memories!!

    salfat el beds and el 7amam that sooooo us (my cousins and I) !!!!
    ARE WE RELATED?? ;p

    i almost cried reading this !!! you have no idea how much i miss el chalet and miss summer..

    i'm glade i read 4KE's post and found your blog

    I enjoyed the first part of the story
    loving your writing,
    cant wait to read more

    i'm so following you ;*

    ReplyDelete
  5. The spoken words: hahah:p yalla coming enshallah

    Darliam: aww im glad you enjoyed the post and it brought u good memories!!!;** ur comment made my day<3!! call up ur cousins and go enjoy the weekend in the shalaih I'm sure they miss it too;** THANKYOU!!

    ReplyDelete