Friday, May 11, 2012

Give fate a chance 26


Me: yubaa pleasseee


Dad: khaleeeny aroo7 ya bnaya

Me: maby maby!!

Dad: walaaain

I clung onto my dad not allowing him to get out of the house. He woke me up this morning to tell me that he is going to London. Well he’s not going anywhere without me!

Mom: ya qaleelat el adab khalay uboooch yroo7

Me: yuba please ekhithny ma3aaak

Dad: enshallah awadeech wara el 3eed!

Me: ullaaa shena6irny

My mother forcefully pulled my hands away from my father’s shoulders.

Mom: Lama yalla 3ad 3an 7arakat el yahal hathyy

Me: ok ok!! Bas ra7 etwadeeny landan!

Dad: enshallaah bawadeech

He kissed us goodbye and left for the airport.

My mobile vibrated in my hand, it was another message from a person I don’t know. All kinds of people were sending me messages congratulating me on my engagement that never happened.

“Mabroook Lama 7abeebty allah yhaneekum enshallah, etha tabeen ay shay ay musa3ada tara ana mawjooda :*”

MNU ENTAY? I wanted to reply. I honestly don’t know her because I don’t have her number saved. A lot of unknown people are sending me messages. All this sucking up because they want me to invite them to the wedding. Shda3wa its not like I’m engaged to Prince Henry! People can be so, ugh I don’t know you fill in the blank.

I ignored all of those messages; a part of me didn’t want to admit that it was just a rumor. Khalty Ghanima was so excited she came bearing gifts every time she visited. The best one she gave me was a Piaget Limelight garden party watch. I had to blink twice to regain my sight from all the sparkling diamonds. It’s a beauty.  My heart ached every time I remembered the possibility of returning these gifts. I loved them all.

Thinking about all these expensive things brought Wahab to mind. Remember when he sent me this message, “haha adry bs gilt adizlich msg 3ashan matinsainy”. That was before 
Saud came and yes I forgot to reply to him. Actually, I forgot about him or tried to forget about him. I wanted to force myself to love Saud and I think I’m succeeding. Wahab, on the other hand, hadn’t talked to me since.

Dalia called me..

Me: aloo

Dalia: ahlan ya gameel

Me: hehe hala feech shaklich ray2a elyoom shisalfa?

Dalia: abaih tawa shft wa7id waay eyanin wallah magdar agolich shkithr eyanin

Me: laaish shsawa??

Dalia: ma sawa shay bs uhwa eyanin 7ail eshawig

Me: shloon 9ayer??

Dalia: malich shighil he’s mine!!

Me: mashallaah lat9adgeeen 3umrich 7abeebty

Dalia: chub, a girl can dream. Enzain sm3ay lets do something!

Me: yalla khanroo7 Smash burger ana yo3ana

Dalia: ok yalla badlay

Me: ok

We hung up.

I took a quick shower then curled my hair. I stood in front of my closet trying to decide what to wear so I went with bright blue jeans and an oversized floral shirt. I grabbed my blue Balenciaga bag and ballerina. I was good to go. I waited for Dalia until she came and we left.

We arrived at Smash Burger and decided to sit inside since it was really hot outside.

Dalia: shnu tabeen?

Me: classic burger meal

Dalia: ok baroo7 a6lib entay g3day

I sat on the table next to the wall and played with my phone waiting for Dalia. The place was almost empty which is great. After a while Dalia came with the receipt in her hand

Dalia: way enshalla may6awlon yo3ana

Me: ee nafsyy

She looked at me and smiled..

Dalia: so, you chose Saud huh?

Me: umm.. actually lail7een ma qarart

Dalia: haw?

She still thinks that we’re officially engaged.

Me: tara it’s a rumor, khe6batna I mean..

Dalia’s eyes widened: bs entay.. thak el yoom bil yam3a.. haw?

Me: ee adry walla madry shyany o magilt enna elkhabar esha3a, bs Dalia there’s like an 80 percent 
chance enna I choose Saud.

Dalia: estakhartay?

Me: eee bs madry lail7en I’m confused!

Dalia: maloomich it is hard choosing between the two. Bs Lama 9adgeeny Saud a7sanlich!

Me: hmm walla madry

The lady came and placed our trays on the table.

Dalia: ok bs chub khanakil

She dug into her burger, and I did the same.

Halfway through the meal Dalia wiped her mouth and started waving her hands.

Me: shfeeech?

She whispered: abaaih Lamo hatha el 9bay elly gitlich 3anna elyoom

Me: wain

She held my hand: latlifeeen!! Al7een beye yogaf 3al counter

Me: ok..

I looked at the two guys who just started ordering their meals.

Me: ay wa7id?

One of them was short and chubby, and the other was tall and masculine. His hair was short and his skin sun kissed. He turned his face to us…

Dalia: li6weeel







Wahab?

He had the same surprised look on his face. He looked at me then at Dalia then at me again. He knotted his eyebrows and his nostrils flared, then he looked the other way.

I hissed: Dalia, hatha Wahab!

She chocked on her burger. I handed her the coke

Me: haw shfeech entay!

She whispered: hatha Wahab????

Wayeha kan 3ebara 3an 3alamat estefham.

Me: eee! Abaih 7ada m3a9ib 3alay

Dalia: hatha Wahab??? She asked again

Me: eee! Thak elyoom lama ya Saud he sent me a message o ana ma radait 3alaih al7een akeed begol hathy rethat fee

Dalia: abaaih HATHA WAHAB???

Me: HAW EE SHFEECH?!

Dalia: are you kidding me?? Shlon? Shlon tarfetheena?? Abaih Lama ya7mara 7adich ekhthyyy wallaah mashallaah jameel ya 7mara are you crazy?

Me: waay Dalia!

Dalia: wallaaah min9ijyyy

I gasped with realization: abaaaih!!!

Dalia: shfeech?

Me: akeed he heard the rumor ena Saud and I are engaged!! Laaaa please laaaa

I slumped back into my chair while my heart sank with guilt. I was guilty because I promised him I won't forget him, and that’s exactly what I did. I shifted my gaze to where he stood, but he wasn’t looking at me. I kept looking at him..

Dalia: stop staring!

He looked at me and frowned.

Wahab raised his voice: 3abod emsh emsh khanroo7 mukan thany

He was talking to his friend and glancing at me.

Abdullah: ha?

Wahab: walla ensadat nafsy maby akil emsh

Abdullah: Whayib 9a7y ent?

Wahab: emsh 3ad khali9ny

He turned to the lady: please cancel our order sorry..

She was as confused as I was, but she just nodded. Wahab grabbed his friend’s hand and dragged him out of the restaurant. He was looking at me the whole time. He wasn’t angry; he was disappointed.

Dalia: shfee hatha e6al3ich chthyy?

I looked at Dalia, not knowing what to say. Its all my fault I played with his emotions. I know he only left the restaurant to show me that he’s really angry without having to tell me directly.

Me: umm ana sheba3t meta nrid?

Dalia: yallah al7een

I got out my phone contemplating whether to send him a message or to just continue ignoring him. I keep typing in words and then deleting them. What am I supposed to say? I want to marry Saud because he’s rich? Because he can buy me expensive bags? Because he can take me to any country?

I honestly can’t find a lamer excuse.

*

I went home after a long day of having to spend time with Khalty Ghanima. I went to her house after my outing with Dalia because my mother forced me.

I sat on my bed with my mobile in my hands. I read the message I just sent to Wahab for the millionth time.

“I’m so sorry please don’t be angry.”

I decided to pray the estekhara prayer again because I have to make up my mind really quick. After I finished, I turned off the lights and tucked my self into bed. I grabbed my phone after it had vibrated and read..

“3a6aitik kil ma amlik o la fakart bil mardood, o kil mata9demeeny eb jar7 agol a7bab 6awefha. Tgoolen el kha6a warid o ana agol el 9abir bi7dod! :)”



Hello!! I know I haven't posted in a long time and I'm really sorry!! Bs wallah its hard to post when I have exams wallah I have a lot to study! :( I hope you understand and please bear with me! 
Enjoy it loves;*



6 comments:

  1. 3aajjjjeeeb el possttt!!! Yalaaahh abii thaaaaanii , Mwaffeeeggaa , MAE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thaank youu love;** haha enshallaah tonight;) ameeen wewafgich enshallah;*

      Delete
  2. As alwaysss amazing!! please la t6awleen 3alaina w goodluck with ur exmas ;****
    -Shams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thaank you love!! enshalah i will post tonight;** thank youu;**

      Delete