Saturday, May 5, 2012

Give fate a chance 25


Once upon a time, I was a normal girl with a normal life. My friends were by my side, and my family tried their best to make me happy. I woke up in the morning thinking about who to go out with and where. It was mostly with my friends or parents. I used to travel whenever I felt like it, and when I traveled I bought everything I wanted. My life used to be simple; it was predictable.

If you asked me what I really wanted, I would say I want a challenge. I want something to break the routine. "aby action eb 7ayaty!" I used to complain to my friends. Shaikha would then reply to me "I don’t want to change a thing, I’m rich, beautiful and everyone wants to be in my place which makes it the more exciting". The girls and I laughed it off, accusing Shaikha of having a big ego. Yet, now when I think about it, she was right.


My life, at the moment, is all over the place. My friends that I used to spend most of my time with don't appreciate me being around. Except for Dalia, she has been loyal. My parents, in addition, are trying their best to provide me with the things that I want, but they can barely afford them. It has been a huge transition for me and I'm trying to cope. I used to think its going to be easy, but life proved me wrong. All the action I once asked for is stirring my life into a continuous battle of "what am I supposed to do know?"

So here I am asking you, what would you do if you were in my shoe? I hope that no one ever goes through what I'm going through right now because its sad. However, if you can just dream it, what would you do?

Its the most frightening question. It might be the only question that I hardly find answers for. Everything happened to me so unexpectedly. All the problems just hurled the door open and stepped into my life. I, on the other hand, had to have the strength in order to tackle them one by one.

Currently, my problem is choosing between Wahab and Saud. Everyone keeps telling me that I’m crazy just thinking about it. "Choose Saud! Tell me one thing that Saud can't give you and Wahab can?" Dalia asked me the other day. I wanted to answer her, but the words were nowhere to be found. I stayed silent while this question haunted me the whole day.

Looking at my current situation, I think that I'm cursed and blessed at the same time. I see my friends walking around malls pointing at whatever they want and they get it, but I can't do that. They drive the best luxurious cars when I don't. All they talk about are countries that I haven't been to in a very long time because we can't afford it. I keep thinking "why me? What did I ever to deserve this?” Yet, I always end up saying el7imdla, because there are a lot of people out there who barely have anything to eat, when I have a feast three times a day. Homeless people increase in numbers daily, so I thank god that I have a roof over my head. A lot of young girls lead a fake life where their friendship is based on appearances. However, in my case, I know now who my real friends are and who only cared about what I owned. I asked god to add some life into my years, so he took away everything that was preventing me from being internally happy. In return, he gave me the love of two people who would do anything for me, my parents. He helped me appreciate every little thing, and never take anything for granted. He also gave me the chance to choose between two gentlemen, who want to take me for who I am.  

*

I was really nervous, I didn’t want to bump into either Reema nor Shaikha.

Dalia: waay Lama! Lat7asiseeny enna uhma elwa7edeen elly bekonon mawjoden! Fe alf wa7da g3day ma3ahum!

Me: madry Dalia, o aslan ma3ndy shay albisa!

I lied.

Dalia: Lama pls latnarfzeeny! Ra7 tyeen qa9bin 3alaich

She hung up the phone.

She invited all our friends from university over at her house. Reema and Shaikha will be there for sure. I just didn’t feel like seeing them. You know when you get butterflies in your stomach because of how nervous you are? Except the butterflies’ aren’t fluttering happily, instead they're biting my insides with every move.

My phone vibrated, it was a message from Dalia: You will bring your butt here at 6 pm, no excuses accepted.

Iff.

I'll just stay there for a couple of hours, what could go wrong?

I dragged myself to my closet room and stood there thinking of what to wear. I wanted to wear all the expensive things I have, so they don't have an excuse to look down on me.

I wore a Miu Miu dress, with my Lady Dior grey patent handbag. I paired it with my Lanvin flats. I made sure to wear the Bvlgari Serpenti watch Saud gave me. I finished my look with diamond earrings and a Cartier necklace my dad got me a while ago. It was a simple rose gold chain with 8 diamonds.

I asked my mother for her car and I hit the road. With every minute I get closer to Dalia’s house, the more I feel nervous. Please god, let this night pass peacefully.

I arrived at Dalia's house at about 6:30. I called her.

Dalia: aloo

Me: ana barra

Dalia: haw deshay

Me: fee a7ad?

Dalia: ee bas Farah o Hessa

Me: ok

I walked inside the house straight to their living room. As soon as Hessa and Farah saw me they stood up to greet me. They were very nice people.

After a while, more people started coming, still no sign of Reema or Shaikha. Whew!

Razan and Maha came in with cupcakes in their hands. Everyone was excited because they bake the best cupcakes in town! As soon as Maha spotted me she came running.

Maha said a little too loudly: waay Lamo laish magilteeely???

Me: haww 3an shnu??

Maha: enich enkhi6abtayyy

Me: ha?

--: mnu enkha6ab?

Someone shouted excitedly.

I looked at the person walking towards us. She was as surprised as I am. She was Shaikha.

Maha: bint khalty galatly enna Saud Al***** kha6bich!

My eyes widened: shnu? Mnu galaha hal kalam?

Suddenly all the girls gathered around us eagerly listening to what we have to say.

Maha gasped realizing something: abaih sorry ma kintay tabeen etgolen 7ag a7ad?? Walla asfa bs everyone is talking about it 3abaly nishartaw el khabar!

Hala: waay mashallah allah yhaneekum wayed ymd7oon el walad!!

Maha: eee 7ada eyanin uhwa e9eer 7ag bint khalty, 7abeebty egray 3ala 3umrich everyone is jealous hehe

I just looked at them, speechless. Who was responsible for this rumor?

Hessa: ya 7afeth laish magilteelena??? Enshallah 3ad ta3zimena 3ala el 3rs :p

Maha: haha ee mashallah shakla bekon the wedding of the century lazim aroo7la

I was just about to clear things up when Shaikha found her tongue,

Shaikha: o laish the wedding of the century ballah?

Jealous? It shows from the way her nostrils were flaring. I'm enjoying this.

Maha: haw entay sma3tay mnu kha6ebha mashallah Lama walla 3ainy 3alaikum barda allah yhaneekum.

The attention the girls were giving me was divine. It was like I just became the queen of the universe.

Shaikha was eyeing me the whole time. I just smiled.

Dalia: ya7mara magilteely enna its official! Mabroook!!

Umm. I’ll tell her it’s a misunderstanding.. later.

Leena, a girl I barely talked to faj2a yaytny: mabrook 7abeebtyy 3ad hal wedding lazim ashoofa hahaha

Other girls came and repeated the same thing. I was really enjoying the attention. These are the girls that I’m surrounded with, they befriend you because of your name and social status. Now, everyone wants to be my friend because of Saud. I know they wont be real friends, but the attention is lovely.

Razan: akeed uhwa yayiblich el qalb?

Me: uhh la mu uhwa

I didn’t want to clear things up anymore.

Razan: 3ayal shyablich goleelinaa??

Ligafa much? Bs yalla laish ma atfalsaf? :D

Me: hehe yably hathy

I pointed to the watch.

"oh mashallah" “wayd 7ilwa” the girls said.

Shaikha grunted: o laish masharaiteeha entay? Laish emkhalya erayal yshtrelich eyaha? Nag9---

Don't you dare out me in front of these people.

I cut her off: la 7abeebty mu ana elly gaylatla uhwa yayibha min nafsa :)

She continued giving me death stares. It’s fascinating what jealousy can do. The girls spent the remaining of the evening trying to suck up to me so I would invite them to my "wedding". It got me thinking, people started giving me attention upon knowing I was about to marry a rich man. Even though it’s just a rumor. To be honest, I liked this attention. I don't even want to think about how they'll treat me if I marry Wahab. I will be a nobody, and it’s really hard to live when you're socially unaccepted.

I excused myself and faj2a everyone wanted a hug goodbye, except for Shaikha of course. I don't know why Reema couldn't come; I really wanted her to see this.

After I got home and changed my clothes, I decided to go sit with my mom. I wanted to try my luck. If I were to marry Wahab, what will my mothers reaction be? And how to test mother better than to come up with a fake story and compare it my life?

Me: yuma thak elyoom ga3da agra qi9a enna wa7da 7abat wa7id o 6ala3 faqeer maskeena o ehya ya3ny ma 3alaiha ga9er. Bs mahamha enna uhwa faqeer o galatla enna ehya taby. 3ad maskeena ahalha marethaw fee

Mom: wee maskeena, laish marethaw fe damhum e7ibon ba3ath?

My eyes lit up: hehe madry!! Y3ny lo 9ayra feeny el qi99a terthoon eb wa7id faqeer??

My heartbeats accelerated, I was hoping for the best but expecting the worse.

Mom: la 6ab3an! Shbegolon 3anna enas? Ga6en bint'hum 3nd 7afy emnataf?

It was like a slap on the face. I have no idea why my mother cares about what people say! Its as if what they think about us actually matters!

I got up,

Mom: shfeech za3altay laykon 9ij?

Me: ahah laa :)

If only you knew.

I decided to go to sleep and ache over it in the morning.



 p.s.: I still didn't finish my exams, so I have to take another break sorry. I'll post as soon as I'm free. Enjoy and tell me what you think xx

BTW: you can follow me on twitter @lemagnifiblog to get updates as soon as I post ;*




15 comments:

  1. the thing that saud can't give her is the love betwen her and wahab :( nyahaha loved what happened to shaikha ψ(`∇´)ψ i hate that her mother cares a lot about people and what they think, people will always talk and think and spread romours so they shouldn't care, inshallah there will be a moment when her mother realizes what her daughter wants and what makes her happy :(
    THAAANK YOU SWEETCHEEKS &GOOD LUCK ON YOUR EXAMS xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly!!! LOOOOL you're a meanie:p ee lil2asaf sometimes thats the only thing people actually care about especially bil kuwait. ee enshallaah :( THAANK YOUUUU LOVEE!!!;****

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey sorry I didn't post from a long time bas walla I was busy anyways I am back and loved the post !! ;**

    RFS<3 love you !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 7ay allah RFS I missed your comments ;* glad you liked it;** love youu more <3

      Delete
  4. Plleeeeeeeease let her marryyyy s3oooood!!!!
    Ooo 5al shaikha itmoot 7araaaaa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved it <3 goodluck on your exams :D
    Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm going to crry if she picked wahab , i know it's TRUE LOVE but still ! said is a nice guy he's not rich and old or rich and ray7 feeha he's a gentleman , he proposed to her as his mother asked which is great because that means he listens to his mother , please let her know said more & choose him PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE :( Best of luck on your exams ;*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eee he's a very nice guy o khoosh wa7id bs you know when you have to choose between two good people its hard :p hahah enshoof enshallah ;) THANK YOUU;**

      Delete
  7. I understand it's hard to go from owning a lot to not a lot, but falling from upper middle class to average middle class isn't a crisis. Can't take her very seriously when she talks about her financial "woes"... good luck on your exams xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eee bs she's a spoiled girl who is used to get everything she wants bags, shoes, jewelry you name it. o faj2a she has to stop because her dad is loosing money min bor9a and stuff. fa shway its hard when you out yourself in her shoe kil elly 7olha aghneya o yshtron everything ella ehya.. o especially enna ehya ham ehimha el math'har so wayed met2athra. also, people have different opinions o i appreciate yours;* thank youuu lovee;**

      Delete
    2. I see what you mean now and I just wanted to thank you for being so classy and mature :* t3jbeeni walla xx

      Delete
  8. Allah y7aieech w ana ba3ad I missed ur replies w I'm glad I liked it 2 ! ;p w btw when in ur next post ?

    RFS <3 luv yew !

    ReplyDelete