Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Give fate a chance 24


A confused expression washed over my fathers face: 3ala shnu?

My mother, on the other hand, was grinning: haw shfeek Barrak kila nasy mwafqa 3ala Saud!!

Me: la yuma mu Saud!!

Now my mother is confused: 3ayal mnu?

Me: Khalid..

My mother gasped: mnu Khalid ba3ad??

I looked at my dad: haw Khalid Al***** rifeejik

My dad stood up: mwafqa 3ala shnu??

I lowered my head in disgust: enna.. umm nitzawaj

A tear found its way down my cheek..

My mom shot up the bed and shouted: BARRAK!! Shisalfaa?? Khalid ebyitzawaj Lama????

Dad: Lama entay shga3da tgoleen??? Shnu Khalid gayilich shay?

I looked at my dad, puzzled: uhwa gayily enna emkalmik?

Dad: shgalich? O meta mkalmich??

Me: umm mom, dad I think you should sit down for this.

My mother’s eyes were about to pop from rage: KHAL9EENY GOLELY SHISALFA??

Me: ok ok, ams bilail dag 3alay o galy enna yaby yitzawajny o etha refatht ra7 ya6ridik min el mashroo3 o etha rethait umm mara7 ya6ridik..

I can’t even begin to describe the expressions on my parents’ faces.

Me: bs uhwa gayel enna mkalmik o enta rethait..?

My mother uttered accusingly: Barrak?

My dad was looking at me with his eyes wide.

Mom: BARRAK??

My dad shook his head, he was in a state of shock: shnu?

Me: yuba 3amy Khalid emkalmik??

Dad: LAA! Wentay em9adga? Min9ijich bartha hal khaseees yakhthich 3ashan el mashroo3? Labo el mashroo3 o labo elshighil ma3a hal 7aywan ana a3alma

Mom: Barrak had a39abik khanifham shisalfa!

I started crying: yuba enta 7adik mishta6 3al mashroo3 o maby tin6irid ebsibity *sniff* o yuma elyoom shift shloon kntay za3lana lana manigdar nshtry el jan6a o el mashroo3 –

My dad stood up and walked towards me: LAMA! Sm3eeny ana layumkin abee3ich 7ag wa7id eb hal 6areeqa! Enshalla mu bas ya6ridny min elmashroo3 khal yakhith elly 3indy kila, wala yakhthich entay! 7abeebty ta3awithay min eblees o ensay enna Khalid galich hal kalam o ana baroo7la al7een wa3lma efaker gabil la yta7acha!

He hugged me and kissed me on my forhead.

Me: ya3ny al7een khala9? Ebtin6irid?

Dad: hah maysaweeha o 7ata lo en6aradt entay malich shighil o don’t make it seem like its your fault. Ana baklma al7een.

He pulled out his mobile and walked out of the room.

I sat next to my mother.

She looked at me and smiled: Lama 7abeebty, elyoom maza3lt lana mashraina el jan6a. bs lazim nit3alam ena manasrif bil floos.

A tear ran down her cheek: 7abeebty 3umrich latfakreen enna binbee3ich 3ashan floos, walla manbe3ich 3ashan knooz edinya kilha!

I hugged my mother and we both sobbed into each other’s arms. I have to say that was a relief not having to marry that creep. I don’t know what I was thinking agreeing to marry him; I would’ve fainted just thinking about it. el7imdila.

I went to sleep with a smile on my face, for the first time there is nothing to worry about.




It’s Thursday morning, the day Saud comes to visit. I was really nervous, but there’s nothing to be nervous about since I’m refusing him right? I got out of the bathroom drying my hair after a long warm shower. I spotted a bag placed on my bed. I opened it to find a Vionnet long sleeve navy blue dress. There were metallic beads on the sleeves and a knot on the waist area. I looked at the price tag and my eyes almost fell out, it cost 1,400 KD.

I shouted: YUMAAAA!!!

After a few seconds my mother barged into my room: shfeeech?

Me: hathy min minu?

I asked holding the dress

She smiled: minyy, 3ashan talbseenha elyom

Me: min wainlich floos?

Mom: haw! Ya kirhich shnu mnainlich floos el7imdila 3indina khair o ni3ma

Me: hehe ok mashkoora

I kissed her on the forehead.

Mom: libseeha khanshofha 3alaich

I went into my closet room and changed into the dress. I paired it with plain beige Christian Louboutin pumps.

Mom: ee wayed 7ilw, shnu bitsaween eb sha3rech?

Me: madryy, wavy?

Mom: ok meta btro7een el 9aloon?

Me: yuma taw enas..

I wasn’t looking forward to this at all.

At about 3 o’clock, I called Dalia

Dalia: aloo

Me: halaa Dalia ra7 tyeen elyoom 9a7?

Dalia: ee akeed!

She insisted that she’d come and hide in my room till Khalty Ghanima and her son leaves so I would tell her how I feel about him. I already know the answer, its never going to happen.


Me: ok ta3alay ma3ay el 9aloon please

Dalia: ok meta btro7een?

Me: 3al 5, uhma beyon wara 9alat li3sha

Dalia: khoosh khalas ana 5 ella 3indich enshallah

Me: ok yalla byee

I walked around the house with nothing to do. My heart beats faster every time I remember Saud. What are we going to talk about? What is he going to think about me? Not that it matters..

I decided to watch Friends till it was time to leave for the salon.

*

Dalia and I just got back from the salon; it was almost 7:30 pm. I did my hair and nails; Dalia only did her nails. I quickly ran to my room to change since they might be here any minute.

Dalia: shaklich eshawig mashallaah!!

I laughed nervously: thank you!!

Dalia: abaih Lama you’re getting married sooon!!

She was clapping and jumping up and down.

Me: haww shako shfeech did you even listen to a word I said in the car?

Dalia: emballa bas I have a feeling Saud is the one

Me: haha la mkhaleeta 7aggich

Dalia gasped: I would never steal your man!

Me: he is not my man!!!

Dalia: haha enzain fakartay shnu etgoleela?

Me: la 7ady khayfa a7is ra7 a9eer 7ady emsabaha!

Dalia: hahaha laish?

Me: madryy mitwatra!

Dalia: 3ady just don’t be yourself!

Me: I know! .. wait shnu???

I thought she said just be yourself

Me: ya 7maraa!!

Dalia: HAHAHAH

Me: mat’tha7keeen!

I stood in front of the mirror, making sure I looked great. I put on my earrings and bracelets. My mother told me to wear the Bvlgari watch they got me so I did, with pleasure.

My phone vibrated, it was a message from Wahab.

Wahab: shlonich Lama? Yalich “Saud”?

Lol shda3wa 3alaih..

Me: I thought we’re not going to text ella lama takh6ibny :p

Wahab: haha adry bs gilt adizlich msg 3ashan matinsainy

I was about to reply when..

Dalia: yalla Lama its time umich ga3da etnadeech

I took a deep breath: ok

My heart was hammering in my chest. I froze in front of my door.

Dalia: yallaa roo7ay

I turned around: Dalia mabyy! Maby anzil!

Dalia: haw yanaitay?

Me: la bs khayfa madry laish!

Dalia: ta3wethay min blees! Al7een mu tgolen ena you don’t care about him o bas taben el wagt emur o enich ebtarftheena?

Me: ee?

Dalia: ee khalas 3ayal don’t make a big deal out of it o nizlay o ra7 emur el wagt bsr3a

She’s right, I need to get my act together and go downstairs.

I slowly went down the stairs; my legs were trembling. I don’t know why I was this nervous! “It’s going to be ok” I kept convincing myself.

When I reached the ground I slowly walked to the living room and flashed them a smile.

You know when you’re really nervous that your vision becomes blurry? Yeah that’s what’s happening to me right now. I don’t even know if that’s normal. I took another deep breath o salamt 3ala el 7areeem. The last one on the couch was, Saud. I stopped in front of him and just smiled awkwardly.

Ghanima whispered to us: gi3daw ehnak

She pointed to a couch at the far left; it was in a corner. Saud nodded and motioned for me to go, so I did and he followed. We sat down on the couch and that was when my whole body started trembling. I don’t know why I’m so nervous!

Saud: shlonich Lama?

I faced him: el7imdila eb khair o enta?

Saud: walla tamam el7imdila!

His smile, I can’t stop looking at it. There’s a type of smile that I love seeing on guys, and it’s what I’m looking at right now. But that doesn’t change a thing.

Saud: magilteely, wain kintay tadrseen?

Me: eb edareya jam3at likuwait..

Saud: ee o lail7een maligaitay watheefa?

Me: tawny mqadma 3ala sharikat ***** o enshallah yaqbilony

Saud: afa 3alaich awathfech 3endina bil sharika!

Me: hehe enshoof she9eer

Saud: ee o ba3ad goleely shit7ibeen o shnu mat7been?

Way madry madry I forgot everything!

Me: hmm awal enta gooly shnu kint tadris?

He chuckled: kint adris 6ib asnan eb the University of Leeds eb brai6ania

Wow, dentist? Mashallah.

Me: ohh wanasa ana kint aby adris eb London, bs oboy maretha!

Saud: laishh?

Me: egool entay binty el wa7eeda o mara7 enkhaleech ebro7ich hehe

Saud: ee 3adil 3amy 9a7 kalama, bs shmi3na London?

Me: a7ibhaa :p

Saud: 9ij? Nafsy walla ana kil ma7asait aby asafer aroo7 ya London ya LA

Me: eee walla etaynin! Bs ana wala mara ri7t LA o 7ady aby aroooo7

Saud: ukh 3ajeeba walla LA ghair!

Eshawig lama yeshtaa6!

Me: enshallah aroo7laha 3an qareeeb

He smiled: awadeech afa 3alaich

I blushed, fashla!

Me: hehe

My nanny came just in time and saved me from further embarrassment. She came holding a tray offering juice.

Leen: this is mango juice

Saud: no thank you..

Me: taby may?

Saud: ee ma3alich amer

Me: leen please bring water

Leen: ok

Abaih, elmafrooth ana elly aroo7 ayeb el may? Fashla a7is nafsy qalelat el adab!

Saud: feeny 7asaseya min el manga

Me: wee..

Saud: ee 3ad wedy ajarebha marra bs magdar, entay feech 7asaseya min shay?

Me: hehe la el7imdila

He flashed me that smile again: ee ashwa

Aby agare9 khdooda walla eshawig! Haha adry afashel x_x

Me: ba3ad shnu t7ib?

Saud: hmm.. a7ib aroo7 eshalaih lazim kil weekend ba7ar o shighil 3adil

We have the same interests!!! :D

Me: allah t7adeg?

Saud: haha eee

Me: kila agool 7ag uboy aby a7adeg bas wala marra wadanyyy

Saud: haha marra wadait Haya ekhty o latshofeen shsawat, khbu9at edinya o lama 9adat smicha 9arekhat o ga6at esinara 3alay

Me: hahaha a7is ana basawy chithyy

Saud: haha .. o ham a7ib arkab 7i9in. 3indy wa7id bil shalaih o cham wa7id bil mazra3a

Me: khoosh bas maykhar3ooon?

Saud: laa kilish maykhar3oon walla etha ga3adtay ma3a fatra 6weela ete3aligaain fee

After a while of getting to know each other, khalty Ghanima stood up announcing that its time to leave. Time flew by so fast, it felt like minutes. To be honest, I enjoyed every minute with Saud. At first I was so nervous, but I felt calmer after talking to him. Shortly after they left, my mother came to me excited.

Mom: haaa shrayich??

I smiled and my cheeks turned red: madryyy ya3ny zain mafyy shay

Mom: 3an el 3ayyaraa golaay el 9ijj

Dalia suddenly came down the stairs: I hear wedding bells!!

I looked at her feigning anger.

Mom: haha baroo7 ashoof uboch

Dalia: shloona??

Me: abaih Dalia he’s so cute!!! O kan yadris eb the UK o y7ib ero7 London o LA o –

Dalia: calm down!!! Shfeech chithy mishta6a?

Me: haha madryy bs enna n7ib nafs lashyaaa

Dalia: you’re a match made in heaven; gitlich Wahab is just a phase.

Shit.

Shit shit shit!

I forgot all about Wahab!!

I stuttered: haa.. la shaku umm lail7een a7ib Wahab!

Dalia: haha ee 9a7! Anyway I have to go. Bs khal agolich shay estkheeeray o shofay shnu elly allah katba!

I felt so guilty for having a good time with Saud. Its like I was cheating on Wahab.

I changed into my pajama’s and took out my praying mat, I really need to re-think about things.


Helloo:D adry el post shway maleeq sorry bs I was really sleepy while typing it:( o thany shay I'm going to take a break due to exams. I really need to study, I hope you understand :p Anyway, I hope you enjoyed;*

15 comments:

  1. Awwwwwwww <3 loved her parents part in this post #DaddysGirl Saud is so cute, but i feel sorry for wahab he loves her w i want them to be together bas i think ina she'll be happier with saud l2nha mt3wda 3al sfar w el floos bas still i want wahaab :( can't she marry them both ? and last but not least : i hate khwailed el shayeb
    thaank you for the post sweetie ;********

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eee! Theyre lovely!!!:p ee maskeen wahab! LOOOOL lil asaf el shar3 7alal arba3 for guys only haha :p eee e7ir!! Qaleel el adab! Thaank youu for reading and commenting love;****

      Delete
    2. can i say whats on my mind wla akhaleh 7agy w ma akhareb el story :p ?

      Delete
  2. atwqa3 bt9er mushkila bain her dad w khaled w ygoula 3an el '3ertra lol 7aratny lazem adakhelha bl salfa hmmm it's either she'll marry saud then tt6lag mna or run awaaay with wahabi <3_<3 wahab is such a sweet heart y7bha w mst3d y36eha kl shay tabeh bas he doesn't have the money to do it w saud will make her happy bas she can't love him mthl ma t7b wahab ela etha kanat el floos wayed t'hemha then she'll fall over head for saud bas i understand what she's going throught she wants the best for everyone not just for her self she wanted to help her parents by marrying the old man w she wanted to make her mom happy and take back her money filled life back by marrying saud bas still she loves wahab and needs him & wants to live the rest of her life with him but doesn't think that she can change her lifestyle and leave the life that many wanted for the man she love , 3ndy wayed kalam bas hatha ely gdrt a6l3a i'm sleepy :p & thank you again sweetie pie ;*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOOOL!! Exactlyy right! Not the first part about the ghitra and what might happen that you have to find out;) bas is right that is exactly what shes going through!!:D hahaha thanks for the comment and making it clear for everyone ;***

      Delete
  3. Awwwww saud is very cute Im in love *lovestruck*
    7adhum yshawgoon =D
    good luck in your exams ;*;*

    ReplyDelete
  4. You never give us any post short than great!!! Hahaha of course we understand, mabi mabi maaabi adris:( Good luck sweety xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thaank youu 7abeeebty!!! hahaah exactly whats going on in my mind MABY ADRIS:( bs shinsawyy we have to :( hehe thank youu love;**

      Delete
    2. AAHHH s3ooodd fdaita LOOOL. He's so cute (♥.̮♥ʃƪ) ana a7b s3ood. I don't like wahab. She has to be with s3oood its not faiiiiiir. Pretty please. Hahahaha :')


      -xoxo Emz

      Delete
    3. Looool! 7araam wahab is nice too :( enshooof she9eer lool:p

      Delete
  5. Love love love love LOVE!
    I think I'm more of a Saud person even though I like Wahab! X_X
    Please post soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you love!! I found your comment in the spam section which is weird :S hehe will do enshallah ;*

      Delete
  6. *wipes sweat* for a moment, I got really scared she'd end up with that old creep!
    Can't wait to see where this is going!!

    ReplyDelete