Saturday, September 1, 2012

Two.


A Walk Down Memory Lane..2



"Monya," My mother whispered as she slowly opened my room's door. It was dark and dull just like myself. As soon as the light spilled into my room I dug my face into the pillow.

My mother let out a heart-aching sigh, "Monya 7abeebty shfeech? 9arlich sbo3ain 9akka 3ala 3umrich el bab latakleen wala tshrbeen," she sat on my bed and continued, "uboch o khwanich 3yezaw o uhma ys2lony 3anich wana agolohum khaloha la7ad e2atheeha, 3ashany bnayty goleely shily mthaygich?" She started sobbing.

No, mother, please dont cry because of me. I swear its like every tear drop was like a knife slicing my heart. I hate to see my mother cry and Im sure you all feel the same way.

I threw the pillow away showing my now tear stricken face. She placed her fingers under my chin and raised my head.

"Manawy, entay min sima3tay khabar Zaid o Rawan o entay m3tafsa, 7ata matabeen tro7een tbarkeenlaha Rawan ekhtichh shily 9aar fahmeeny!" She pleaded.

Ekhty? HAH. I dont have any sisters. Not anymore.

"L-la yuma m-maku shay, lat7ateen 3ashany," I said as my voice croaked. I haven't talked in a long time.

"Shlon matabeeny a7aaty?? Entaay shftay shaklich bl manthara??" She shouted. She pulled me from the arms forcing me to stand up and she dragged me to the mirror. She let me stand there as she hurried to turn on the lights and then I saw her. I mean me.

I didn't recognize my own reflection. No it couldn't be; this has to be someone else! My face, it was yellow and hollow. My eyes they used to be big and almond shaped, but now they look sunken and small. My cheekbones were sticking out and what used to be my full naturally red lips are now white and lifeless. I looked like a ghost. My jet-black short hair stuck out in all different places. It was chipped and unhealthy. *sigh*

I slowly brushed my cheek with the tip of my fingers as if afraid that if I touched it, it will break. My skin felt harsh as if it was angry with me for not taking care of it. My hair felt frizzy and dry. My head was aching so bad that for a second I wished I could pull it off for a while just to rid myself from the pain. I looked weak and heart-broken. It was like I aggravated my whole body, like it’s screaming for me to stop being so miserable but I always choose to ignore it.

------------------

"7abeebty, kalmeeny 3an 3aylitich? Feha mashakel? Shlon 3elaqat umch o uboch ma3a ba3ath, o ma3ach," Dr. Manar fired the questions at me.

"El3ayla makan feeha mashakil, bs 3ugub salfat Rawan o Zaid beda shway shway kil shay ytghayar!," I said as I lowered my head. "Ana ma3ndy khawat bas 3 khwan. Wa7id akbar minny eb sintain 9ali7, ba3dain ana ba3dain 3umar o Saad twins a9ghar minny eb thalath sneen."

"Allah ykhaleehum lich enshallah," Dr Manar said as her lips curved into a smile.

They were always there for me. My brothers gave me whatever I wanted before I even asked. I was the only girl so they spoiled me like there's no tomorrow, but I messed it up.  I threw away all this love and care for lies and deceit.

"Kalmeeny 3an Rawan, shlon kanat 3elaqtich ma3aha gabel o al7een?"

"Hmm Rawan kanat ekhty elly mayabat'ha umy, lama akalimha chiny ga3da akal roo7y makhish 3anha shay ymkin t3arefny akthar min ma a3aref nafsy!! Bs kint akrah feeha shay wa7id, wayed t7ib titfalsaf!"


It’s true what they say; the memory stays the same even when the person in them changes. However, every time you revisit the memory, you realize how naïve you were, you realize how your own stupidity allowed other people to easily use you. You put someone on a pedestal thinking that they will never do you any harm. You would expect the betrayal from any human being in this world, but never from that one person that actually hurt you…

-----------------------


The full moon hung beautifully in the sky as it brightened the night. The cool breeze sent chills down my spine as it slowly tickled the back of my neck. The leaves rustled as the wind pushed through them and the small trees swayed back and forth. The air smelled of burnt charcoal and freshly brewed hot chocolate. It was a beautiful winter night spent with Rawan in her garden.

I curled up in my chair and spread the blanket over my body and moved closer to the fa7am. I grabbed a wooden stick, stabbed a fluffy marshmallow and twirled it over the fire.

"Manawy magitlich?" Rawan asked.

"3an shnu?"

"Abaih ams Wafa bint khaly dagat 3alay etgolyy ena ehya o rabe3ha bero7on resort eb Oman!" She exclaimed.

"Chathaba!!! Allah meta betro7oon???" I asked.

"Next week," she grinned.

"Ekhtheeeny ma3ach Rawooon!!!" I begged. I wanted to go to Oman for so long. I heard so many great things about the country and their resorts. It’s a perfect escape from studying and university. Of course, Rawan new I wanted to go and she always told me "Min9ijich? Enas egolon Maldives wela Greece wintay btro7en Oman?"

"Hehehe golay 7ag 3amy," she said.

"O ba3dain ta3alay mo entay kila tgolen mat7been Oman shilly ghayar rayech?" I asked skeptically.

"Haw??? Meta gelt ma7ib Oman haha minzmaan aby aroo7laha o al7een baro7 ma3a banat o yam3a o murt khaly btye ma3ana o ehya 7adha twanis bilsufar fa 7ada 3ajeeeeb!!" She said.

Minziman aby aro7laha? Since when!

"Ahaa.. enshallah tstansoon," I said with a smile.

"Akeed eb nstanis way magdaar an6er!" She almost jumped out of her seat.

"Enshallah.."

It was always like this with Rawan, she wants what people want but can't have so she can show it off. Nonetheless, I loved her with all my heart and still told her everything.

She was twenty at that time, but she looked like she was 16. Her cute dimples and warm smile always got people mistaking her age. She is skinny and petite; her soft chestnut brown hair reached her hips. She is the definition of beautiful.

She has two younger sisters 9aba and Dhay and one older brother, Rashid.  I always thought her life was perfect, but I guess not everything is what it seems.

------------------

Dr. Manar left her chair and sat next to me. I hadn’t realized the floods of tears that were streaming down my cheeks. She handed me tissues and put her arm around me.

“Latabcheen Monya, talking to me helps I promise. 6al3ay elly eb galbich kila and allow me to help you,” she reassured me.

“Enshallah,” I said as I dried my tears.

“Shloon 3araftay enna Rawan ti7tar minich?” she asked.

“7asaait min thalith sina jam3a, 9aratlina salfa o min 3ugubha 3elaqtna taghayart..”

-------------------------

I was rummaging through my bag for my car keys as I walked in the parking lot to my car. The blazing sun burned through my back as I tried to find a spot of shade. I finally reached my car but I still didn’t find my keys! I grabbed my phone and dialed Rawan’s number.

“Aloo,” Rawan finally ansered.

“Rawoon sweech sayarty 3indich??” I asked.

“La sheyeba 3endy?”

“Way madryy wainaa!!”

“Monya?” I heard someone call behind me. I turned around, oh please god not you again!!!






**Helloo!!! Shlonkum shakhbarkum?:D Please tell me what you think of the story so far by writing your comments, enshallah tkon 3ajbatkum!! Au revoir ;**

9 comments:

  1. Firstt comment I guess:$ I loved the post and you way of writing is just amaizing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you are lool!! thank youu love!! you're amazing;**

      Delete
  2. It was perfect as always you never fail to touch my heart . And if you don't mind could you make the posts a bit longer please <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww im soo happyyy to hear that thank youu jaad! enshallah i will try;**

      Delete
  3. AMAZING:D w can't wait for the next post!!:* keep up the good work hun<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovinggg the story so far!!
    Bss plss post sooon;***
    anonN

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great story tawni agrahaa bs endimajt 3adel (y)
    I liked it so far :p 7asait'ha 7ilwa so bakamel ma3ach o bagra elqesas elqadeema malotich a7ishom 3ajebeen :D

    ReplyDelete