Saturday, June 2, 2012

Give fate a chance 36


I stared at my dad with my eyes wide. With every second passing, my heartbeats accelerated. "Sh-shnuu??" I stuttered.

He lowered his head, "Hatha elly 9ar."

I looked at him with questioning eyes. "hatha elly 9ar???" is that all he has to say??? After 30 something years of marriage he ends everything because "hatha elly 9ar???????"

"Enta meta getlaha a9lan??" I asked with every piece of my heart, aching.

"Ams bilail gitlaha, chan t3a9ib 6ab3an.. Gitlaha et'hady o akalimha bacher. O 9ar elly 9ar.."

He says it like its nothing, like its not painful, like its not causing my heart to break into tiny pieces! Tears started to roll down my cheeks. How could this happen?

"Lama laish tabchen?? I thought you wanted this!!" he said, confusion masking his face.

"Shnu??? Why would I want this??" I retorted. How could he accuse me of wanting to destroy my family?

"Walla mu eb eedy! 3abalich ana mistanis? Ehya elly a9arat o ma bithinha may!"

"O enta 3ala 6ool wafaqt? If you wanted this to continue you would've found a way!! Mafakrt feeny??" I shouted through my sobs.

"Embala Lama! Entay awal wa7da fakart feeha!! Thats why I made my decision! She made me choose! Y3ny ---"

"Lama? Shfeech tabcheen?" My mother asked as she made her way down the stairs.

"Yuma!! Laish ti6aligoon!! Laish?? Fee alf 7aal 7ag hal mushkilaa o maligaitaw ella ---"

"LAMA!! Ay 6alaag??" Her eyes almost fell out of their sockets.


My dad looked at me incredulous, "Ana ma6algt umich!! 6alagt Kate murty ethanya..."

I widened my eyes and stared at their shocked faces. Of course, the other wife. How did I not think of her?

"Ohh.." I tried so hard to hide the grin dancing on my lips.

"Laish 3abalich ena ana o umich ti6alagna, ana layumkin a6alig'ha!" He said while looking at my mother. "She's my high school sweet heart."

"Barrak!!" my mother said, her smile cheeks turning red.


"Kintaw ma3a ba3ath eb highschool??" I asked.

"Laa, bs kint a7ibha min ayam ethanaweya. Yaditich allah yer7amha kanat rfejat umy o kila eyolina el bait." he said.

Ahh, true love. I had the urge to ask "why did you get married again if you love her so much?" but I didn't want to ruin the moment.

I hugged them both, I hope that Wahab and I would grow old together and love would age with us, minus the second wife of course :)

"Ok walla kan shway o yogaf galby lama gilt enkum ti6alagtaw" I took a deep breath.

"La matshofeeny estaghrabt glt hathy laish ga3da tabchy hagaitich eb tistansain!" he smiled, though I could still see signs of sadness aging in his eyes.

.

“Ya3ny bacher you’re a married woman?” Dalia asked incredulous.

“Eee.” I smiled, I still can’t believe it.

“Wareeny el dress ely ebtalbiseena!!” Dalia ordered.

“Laa! Bacher etshofeena!”

“Tikhayilay nalbis nafs el dress wi7na manadry!!” Dalia laughed.

“Haha athbi7iich!!!”

“Eee fa chithy wareeny your dress yalla!” she walked over to my closet room and opened the door. I hurried and took out the dress from one of the closets.

Dalia stared at it for a minute, “Wow! 7ada yshawiig! Libsyy!”

“Laa mabyy albisa bacher bitshoofen!!” I said.

“Yalla 3ad!!” she begged.
I heard my door open so I peeked from the closet room. My mother walked in with .. Shaikha :O

“Lama, 3indich zuwaar.” My mother announced then turned around and left my room.

I stepped out of the closet and looked at her in confusion, Dalia followed. She stopped abruptly behind me when she realized who was here.

“Lamaa 7abeebty shloonich??” Shaikha shrieked and walked closer to hug me.

I absentmindedly took a step back.

“Hehe shfeech no hug for me?” Shaikha smiled.

Is she being serious?

“Shaikha shyaybich hnyy?” Dalia asked.

“Haw ya3ny may9eer azoor rifejty ahahaha.” Shaikha shot back.

“Rifejtich???” I asked with one eyebrow raised. “Tawich tathkireen ena 3indich rfeeja esmha Lama?”

“Dalia aby akalim Lama.. broo7na please” Shaikha tried to sound nice.

Dalia glanced over at me then walked out of my room. I was really scared for some reason, 7asait bi6ignyy..

She sat on my bed and broke down. “Lama walla asfa, please sam7eeny! Adry enny ghala6t o walla mit7asfa gad sha3ar rasy!!”

I looked at her not believing this. Shaikha apologizing to me? She never apologizes to anyone!

She stood up and wiped her tears. “Lama lazim agoolich shay, I .. I have breast cancer.” She started sobbing again.

I couldn’t move. I don’t know what to say.

“Lama sniff I’m really sick, and death is a big possibility sniff fa gilt aby at2asaf, walla edinya matiswa o ana 7mara 3ala elly sawaita.” She continued sobbing.

She broke my heart. My friend is dying and I can’t do anything about it. I sat next to her and hugged her.

“Shaikha bs please latabcheen.” Now I started crying too.

“Lama please latgoolen 7ag a7ad, 7eta Reema o Dalia lana maby el khabar yintishir o ana akalimhum ba3dain.” Shaikha said.

“Enshallah lat7ateen.” I assured her.

At that moment, I felt like nothings really worth it. Life is but a journey to something better or worse. Depending on how we act what we say and what we do. It doesn’t really matter what car I’m driving or what brand I’m wearing, all that matters is that I do what God asks of me. It’s sad how people think like they’re on this earth forever. Acting like they own this world, yet, in reality we will all go to the same path, eventually.

After I calmed her and myself down we began to talk about everything that happened since we fought.

“Ri7t Bora Bora” Shaikha announced in excitement.

“Wa2akheeeran!!” I was really happy that she finally went to the island she was dying to see since high school.

“Eee I wanted to accomplish everything on my bucket list before I you know.. die.” She flashed me a tight smile.

“Shaikha shgilna tawa khaly thiqatich eb rabich qaweya o enshalah eteshafain!! Wayed nas 9ar feehum breast cancer bs they’re better now!” I tried so hard to fight back my tears.

“Eee adry enshallah ga3da ad3y kil yoom o ga3da a7awel atfa2al.” she smiled again with her eyes gleaming from the tears. “So, I heard bacher milchitech? Mashallah Lama I’m so proud of you! Allah ywafigkum walla tistahlain kil khair!”

“Ameen weyach 7abeebty matga9reen!! O thakarteeny, Shaikha I really want you to be there!!” I said with a grin. “9ij enna short notice bs please ta3alay?”

“Akeed I wouldn’t miss it for the world.” She gave me the biggest smile.

I heard a knock on the door, then Dalia’s head popped from behind the door.

“Yallah 3ayal ana bamshyy.” Shaikha said as she stood up and gave me a hug.

“Ok see you tomorrow.” I said with a smile.

She smiled at Dalia before exiting my room.

“See you tomorrow? What happened in here?” Dalia’s mouth was a large “O”.

“Bs we worked things out.” I smiled, I was really glad we’re friends again.

“7ilfay!! Etahawash weyay o weya Reema o tit2asaf minich?? Shfeha hathy?” Dalia shot back.

“Tahaweshat weyakum??” I was shocked.

“Eee!! 3ala salfa maleeqa! Kint 6al3a ma3a Reema o magilnalaha fa 3a9ebat.” Dalia said with a frown.

“Ghareeba.. bs im sure enna makan qa9d’ha.” Maybe she made a big deal out of it because she had just found out about the cancer. I just don’t want our relationship to end yet again!

“Mayindara.. anyway are you ready tomorrow’s the big day.” Dalia grinned.

“Yup!! Lets do this.” I grinned back.







6 comments:

  1. Can't wait 4 the next chapter ! -Ms

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caaaaaan't waiiiiit ! Hurry and post please ! #MuchLove ;;*

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's your name in twitter ?

    ReplyDelete